View: 399|Reply: 5

Wembley Stadium to Golders Green

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 22:35:35 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Just after a bit of advice, I'm about to book a hotel for when me and the family go see Adele on the 2nd July, one option I'm considering is in Golders Green, how easy will it be getting back there from Wembley Stadium after the concert? I've got another option that's basically 2 stops on the tube from wembley park but I could book the Golders Green one for 2 nights for not much more than the other one costs for 1 night but I don't wanna end up struggling to get back to the hotel after the gig. I'm probably worrying about nothing, after all it's London and there's probably millions of cabs about but I honestly haven't got a clue whether it's likely to be an issue or whether we could just jump in a cab or on a bus and be back at the hotel in no time...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 22:35:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Ok lets throw another option in there, I'm actually thinking about travelling down on the Saturday and going to the harry potter studios and staying overnight somewhere near there and then on Sunday going to Wembley for the concert and either staying over (perhaps at the same hotel we stay at on the Saturday) or even driving home after (approx 3hrs with no delays). How easy will it be parking somewhere near Wembley stadium for the concert and being able to drive back relatively hassle free afterwards? Or would you avoid the area like the plague in a car? Ta
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 22:35:38 Mobile | Show all posts
I usually use the trains when I go to Wembley Stadium, but I have used this site before for parking and it was good. Wembley Stadium and Arena Parking for Cars and Minibuses | Wembley Stadium Parking
It's based at a local primary school which is about 10 minutes walk from the stadium and it's pretty easy to get on to the north circular from there without hitting too much traffic. It's £15 a car and pre-booked so you're guaranteed a space.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 22:35:39 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks for that, I've actually ended up booking a package for the warner studios harry potter tour with hotel on the Saturday (for not much more than I was going to pay just for the premier inn on the Sunday night) and then I've reserved a parking space in Stanmore on the Sunday that's literally 1 min walk from the tube station so gonna get the tube in from there (4 stops on the jubilee line to Wembley Park), hopefully that should all work out well. I reckon the concert will finish at around 22:15 so I'm just gonna cancel the premier inn and drive back home after (just need to get the tube back to Stanmore from Wembley Park), roads will be empty so should only take 2.5hrs to drive home

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 22:35:40 Mobile | Show all posts
Excellent, that should all work out nicely then.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 22:35:40 Mobile | Show all posts
I'd factor in an extra hour to get the tube just in case. Wembley holds 86000 people and when they all leave at once it takes a long time to get down to Wembley park and there's loads of crowd control. The best advice I can give is know your way out and don't hang about, we've been there a lot and know exactly where to go to get out and to the station quickly and it makes a huge difference on the time it takes to get to the station.  The biggest issue is the exits are not at ground level so to get down on to Wembley way you need to get to the ramp or stairs and if you miss that you get stuck behind another 20000 people waiting for the tube station.

If memory serves me correctly I think if you leave the stadium near where the arch meets the floor, walk straight out the stadium and turn towards the station when you get to the wall, this way you can't miss the ramp down in the chaos of all the people trying to get out.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部