View: 466|Reply: 6

HDMI switcher compatible with Harmony

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 23:00:39 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all.

I hope this is posted in the correct section?

Anyway, I'm having a bit of a change at home and selling a few items to reduce the box count but due to this, will require a good HDMI switcher as my TV on has 3 HDMI inputs. I need to keep one of these reserved for HDMI/ARC so that leaves me with 2.

I use a harmony Elite and am looking for a good quality HDMI switcher which my harmony can control.
Does such a thing exist and if so, can anyone recommend a particular model/brand.
I've searched online but the amount of choice is staggering and I don't want to end up with a lemon.

I don't watch any 4k content so that isn't a priority as I'm sticking with 1080p but I guess everything is spec'd to 4k anyway these days.

Any help or guidance will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:00:40 Mobile | Show all posts
Pretty much any device with an IR remote can be controlled by Harmony. Depending on which harmony you have it'll either be Infrared from the remote itself or emitted by the Harmony Hub.

What device are you using with the ARC connection? Depending on the device you may be able to free up the port and use optical from your TV instead which may mean not needing a switch at all.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 23:00:41 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi Jamie.

Ah so I need a switcher that has an in-built IR receiver?
My OPPO Blu-ray player will be using the ARC port but ,if I get a switcher, the switcher will be using that port with Optical out of the TV. I just hope I don't get any audio sync issues.  
My OPPO will be using it's analogue out to my integrated amp.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:00:41 Mobile | Show all posts
ive got this one that works a treat with my elite.... when you program it in just search for devices under fivehome...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076XWNQP9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1               

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 23:00:42 Mobile | Show all posts
That is absolutely perfect! Thanks!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:00:43 Mobile | Show all posts
Agree with @mooperman I have one in use with Harmony. Works well and is natively supported.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 23:00:44 Mobile | Show all posts
That deals the deal for me really. Thanks so much for the info guys!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部