Beginner sewing machine advice.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:05:09 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi there.

My wife has asked me to get her a beginner sewing machine and, based upon all the reviews I can find, I have narrowed it down to these two:

Singer Model 1507 Sewing Machine: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home                                                                                                        Great prices on your favourite Home brands, and free delivery on eligible orders.                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.amazon.co.uk                                                                               
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Brother LS14S Metal Chassis Sewing Machine: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home                                                                                                        Brother LS14S Metal Chassis Sewing Machine: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.amazon.co.uk                                                                               
Any advice on which to go for would be much appreciated.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 23:05:10 Mobile | Show all posts
What is she planning to make with it? Clothing? Quilting? Furniture? Make sure it can do the type of stitches she's likely to need, and can deal with the appropriate number of layers of the thickest/toughest fabric she's likely to be using.

Have you ruled out second hand?

Your Amazon link for the singer says it's a 110V machine, although that may just be Amazon's usual high error rate.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:05:11 Mobile | Show all posts
My mum and my 14 year old daughter are both sew extensively. They both use Janome machines (which are also used in many schools). Janome are very robust and easily as good as Singer. I would make sure that whichever machine that you go for, it has a full metal chassis as many of the budget machines do not. Dont get hung up on a lot of the fancy stuff that may modern machines offer. Basics like extension table, quilting arm etc are far more useful.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部