View: 445|Reply: 10

help connecting to Logitech Harmony Elite to Nvidia shield

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:06:59 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi , can anyone tell me if they have had issues connecting the Nvidia Shield to the Logitech Harmony Elite. using my tablet that has the harmony app on, I then go to blue tooth and open it up for any device to find my tablet, I am able to follow the instructions and when it gets to pairing, The Pair box will come onto the TV screen and with the Shield remote, I will input the numbers and then i get a message on the tablet saying cannot connect. I can however see the harmony keyboard on the list of linked devices in the add accessory's. On my tablet , its showing that Shield is connected to the tablet, But on the list of connected items on the shield, It does not list anything other than harmony keyboard, If i go onto the harmony App, I can start and Off the Nvidia Shield, But that's all i can do on the App On the Harmony remote, It says on the screen, you have to use the harmony app to pair this device. Can anyone help me with this and what to expect when its all working . Thank you for any help

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 23:07:00 Mobile | Show all posts
Does SHIELD TV Support Universal Remotes like Logitech Harmony | NVIDIA

Harmony and NVIDIA SHIELD

I’m assuming as you say BT that the above is what you are wanting to do?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 23:07:01 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes, Connect via Blue tooth

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 23:07:01 Mobile | Show all posts
So have you tried deleting everything and following the instructions from Logitech for the elite? Logitech and nvidia seem pretty sure it works. Mind you I’ve had my moments with every Harmony remote and devices I own

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 23:07:02 Mobile | Show all posts
Ok you original post isn’t clear what instructions you are following. Those ones on the Harmony website have pairing after adding the device and then activities. Did you do that? Had you reached step 7? Are you pairing the correct devices? Your tablet shouldn’t be pairing to anything I reckon. Pairing is prompted and then use the Shield remote to home page. From there I can’t see how a code will appear on the tablet - I haven’t seen what step 7 describes but it sounds like you may have gone wrong there. Maybe earlier if you hadn’t followed steps  1 to 6.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 23:07:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you for your reply.
Just getting the Elite hub connected to my wifi was a challenge.
I will delete everything that i have done and start again.
Regards adding the devices to the hub, I did that Via the PC on the logitech website and everything works , so i can select the Nvidia Shield and it starts up the TV, receiver and the Nvidia Shield and everything comes on.

If i press on any of the buttons on the Harmony remote , It says on the screen, you have to use the harmony app to pair this device

on the App itself , i cannot see anywhere were i can connect via blue tooth and i can only connect my tablet, So thats maybe where i am going wrong, I can connect the tablet, But maybe its the app i need to connect.

Any thoughts , Otherwise i will delete what i have done so far regards blue tooth and start again.

I do however see the Harmony keyboard.

Thank you for any help

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 23:07:03 Mobile | Show all posts
I don’t know if using your PC on the Logitech website is one of the ways to get the device on the hub but I assume it is the same as using the app on a PC or tablet or whatever.

If you look at the instructions I linked it says the pairing process is triggered after you add the device and the activities. I assumed this was all in the app.

The pairing is done when prompted (in the app I think) using the Shield remote first.

I do suggest you delete and start again. Follow the instructions on the Harmony website as best you can. You are not pairing the tablet - you are pairing the Shield to the hub.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 23:07:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Harmony and NVIDIA SHIELD

Add NVIDIA SHIELD to your Harmony setup
MobileDesktop
Launch the Harmony appSelect MENU, then Harmony Setup > Add/Edit Devices & Activities > DEVICES.Select DEVICES and then press the ADD DEVICEbutton at the bottom of the screen.Select SCAN FOR WI‑FI DEVICES and Harmony will search for SHIELD TV devices on your home Wi‑Fi network.Your SHIELD TV will be detected as NVIDIA Game Console.Once added, Harmony will prompt you to create an Activity. Select Yes.Continue through the series of questions to build your Watch NVIDIA SHIELD Activity.Once you have selected your devices and inputs, Harmony will prompt you to Bluetoothpair Harmony and NVIDIA SHIELD.Using your SHIELD TV controller, navigate to the home screen.Select Settings > Add accessory, Harmony and SHIELD TV should pair after several seconds.your Harmony hub will appear as Harmony KeyboardIn case you hadn’t found it I was suggesting you follow those 7 steps and report where you have issues. At the moment it isn’t possible to tell what you have or haven’t done in those instructions.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 23:07:04 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you outoftheknow for your help
Finally i have everything connected and working.
Going through the list and getting to No 7
7 Once you have selected your devices and inputs, Harmony will prompt you to Bluetoothpair Harmony and NVIDIA SHIELD.
Using your SHIELD TV controller, navigate to the home screen.Select Settings > Add accessory, Harmony and SHIELD TV should pair after several seconds.your Harmony hub will appear as Harmony Keyboard
I could see the keyboard on the top right and i thought it was already connected , By connecting my Logitech Air mouse, I was able to click on the Harmony Keyboard and it connected right away to the Harmony app and paired up, Now i can use the Harmony remote for the NVIDIA SHIELD.

Once again , Thank you for your help on this.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 23:07:05 Mobile | Show all posts
You’re welcome. It did seem those two devices work 100%. As I said though Harmony remotes can provide hours of entertainment once working though though they are usually great.

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部