View: 401|Reply: 4

Wanted Desperately - Plextor ConvertX PX M402U analogue to digital converter installation disk

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:09:36 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all.  I wonder if someone out there can please help me.

I'm desperately trying to get hold of a Plextor ConvertX PX M402U analogue to digital converter installation disk along with its licence key.  I've tried various sources but have been unsuccessful.  I've tried installing the iso files that were sent to me but this was unsuccessful and in any event the supplier didn't have a licence key to go with it.

I bought my Plextor unit some years ago, but the installation disk got lost in a house move.

I'm very happy to pay for the disk - I really am desperate.

If someone could help me by supplying a disk I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you for reading this.

Best wishes,

Kevin

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:09:37 Mobile | Show all posts
I had a look at this and it seems this is an old analogue to DivX video converter over USB, the device driver is still publicly available and the software supplied with it was WinDVD Creator 2 which has since long been discontinued.

Corel took over WinDVD and their current Video Studio Pro or DVD MovieFactory Pro 7 package should be able to capture the footage if the device is available under the video capture/import function. Try the trial versions of the above and see if they work with the device.

You can buy incredibly cheap PC analogue to digital video converters these days unless there is s specific reason to use the old Plextor device.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 23:09:38 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi there - thank you for responding to my post.

You're absolutely right, the Plextor is a fairly old analogue to MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Divx converter, and a good one.  The problem is that I have to run it on a Windows XP PC that I have as the driver (which I also have) only runs on XP.  The Plextor seems to be incredibly fussy about the capture software it uses - others have found this, hence my request for the full installation disc.  I appreciate your advice about the Corel packages, but the software has to run on XP, as that's what the Plextor needs.   The cheap USB converters you mention are fine, but don't deliver the quality I need. I'd actually settle for just the WinDVD Creator 2.0 software (with licence key) if anyone out there has it.

Thanks again for responding to my post, your advice is much appreciated

Best wishes,

Kevin

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:09:39 Mobile | Show all posts
The Corel software will run on WinXP Service Pack 3, at least try the trial version and see if it works as that review of the Plextor device says it only works with Intervideo WinDVD and those Corel products are the descendants. I'd say the odds of anyone still having WinDVD Creator 2 lying around are very low.

Quality video capture on a recent or older PC should be far better than the Plextor device, it is just turning the video into the now ancient MPEG-4 SP format. On a modern PC you can run much more advanced video processing effects for de-interlacing, de-noising and capture in h264 format which will do a way better job than old DivX.  Cyberlink PowerDirector is another that can convert old VHS into modern video formats with a generic USB capture device.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 23:09:40 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi,

Thanks again for responding to my request, i do appreciate your advice.

The Plextor will actually convert to MPEG1,2,4.  I'm familiar with VirtualDub and use that software.  I've tried quite a few USB devices and they just don't deliver the quality I need.  Can you tell me the one you use, I may have missed it.

Can you let me know what Corel Win XP software to use with video transfer you were referring to?  I will certainly try the trial version and if it workied with the Plextor, I'd be delighted.

Thanks again for your help, it's much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Kevin

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部