View: 337|Reply: 0

Pub quiz PA system

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 23:09:44 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
We've built our business from scratch, converting an empty shop unit into a bar. Early on we were given a pair of old Kenwood speakers and an antiquated HH amp which take up a lot of space on the bar and have wires trailing everywhere. For the weekly pub quiz I plug in a wired mic and the MP3 player with my music round playlist into the amp. The rest of the time we play background music from the MP3 player or phone, laptop or whatever else lying about and plugged into the amp. Both the amp and the speakers are about 2 feet long/tall respectively.

The space is long and narrow and technically all one room with an island bar in the middle, about 20 feet wide and 90 feet long, with seating for 40 people. I present the quiz from the island bar with a speaker pointing either direction.

We'd like to update our sound system and would appreciate ideas on how to have better PA sound quality, less equipment (or smaller equipment, at least), fewer wires, etc.

I'm not an expert at all in this field and I think we need two separate systems: a PA for the pub quiz (I'd be happy with something portable that can be stashed away as long as there are still 2 speakers which would be fairly easy to plug together...oh and I'd consider a wireless mic too so I can interact more with the quiz teams) but also 3-4 Sonos for background music (we're not that bothered about the quality of the music, it's purely incidental, but ideally will be playing Spotify or similar).

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部