How to make None Smart TV smart !

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:10:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi

I have a LG 43" TV 43LF540V, it is not a smart TV , but it has a LAN conection and it will connect to a Sky SC201 wifi hub  ( used for Sky on demand ) I do have a Sky   hd box on free view ! .
Anyway what I am trying to do is try to make my none smart TV into a smart to only to cast a web page to the TV from my PC ( ia a TalkTalk router ).
But I seem to have problems with that scenario , I don't seem to be able to connect to the interent via this Sky hub via my PC , but the strange thing is if I turn my wifi of on my laptop ( there is a manual switch to do that ) I can connect to the internet via the Sky hub .
Not sure if I am explaining this very well ! .

cheers

Spike

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 23:10:08 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm afraid not.

The SC201 appears to be this thing which is what is known as a wireless bridge.

So you've got the TV plugged into the SC201 and the SC201 connected to your TalkTalk router's wi-fi network?

Is this being used for anything here? And presumably you mean it's being used for "Freesat From Sky", I don't think sky boxes have terrestrial tuners.

I wouldn't expect a non-smart TV to support any casting protocols. The internet capability will be for DLNA and similar video file streaming across a network, or just updates.

So the PC is connected to the SC201 rather than the TV? Or do you have a network switch connected to it and both the TV and the PC are connected to the switch?

Maybe a diagram would help?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部