View: 338|Reply: 3

HDMI DA not working with monitor

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:10:15 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I have an Orei HD-102 "HDMI splitter" that works perfectly in my office.  Input is from my laptop hdmi, and there are two outputs:  one output is hdmi to a wall monitor.  The other output is hdmi to the dvi port of a desk monitor (I use an hdmi to dvi adapter for this).  Does not matter if I use the laptop open or closed.  It works either way.  Works with duplicating the displays or extending the displays.  It works so well that I bought six more of these to use in other offices at my place of work.  They are all the same device.

Now comes the mysterious part:  none of the new ones will work with any of the desk monitors (including mine).  If we go to another hdmi device, they all work.  But as soon as we adapt to dvi or displayport or use an hdmi to displayport cable, they don't work.  Older one works, none of the newer ones work.  

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:10:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Wild guess, they could have for cost reasons changed the internal chip inside the device, it may have lost the ability to process DVI/DP signals which is why it only works with HDMI.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 23:10:17 Mobile | Show all posts
I’d say so. HDMI and DVI-D are identical digital video signals. DisplayPort etc not. Older hDMi splitter one did a bit more conversion as well. Newer one no chip at all - straight cable connections so HDMI to HDMI splitter.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 23:10:18 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks so much for your responses.

Your wild guess was right.  Orei got back to me and said that because of new "standards" the DA will work with only two HDMI devices OR two DVI devices (with the appropriate adapters) but not a mix.  In further testing, when one device was plugged in, it worked.  Either HDMI or DVI.  But the moment the second device was plugged in, it knocked out the first device.

I wil need to purchase a different DA that will work with a mix.  I have another one, its a ViewHD 1x2 that can handle 4k @30fps, though I don't need 4K.  It works in my office, I just have to hope the new versions will work as well.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部