View: 352|Reply: 2

Silly project Idea I quite liked

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:17:13 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
As this is the tech forum I suspect many of you, like me, have old tablets sitting around that are just gathering dust and only worth a couple of quid if you sell them.

I stumbled across this and thought what a good idea so will be doing it over the next month or so.....

In a nutshell make a mirror with the tablet 'installed' behind the mirror and setup to display your schedule/weather/reminders for the day.

So, make a frame of a decent mirror size, make sure to drill ports to allow you wires to run into it.  Add a back so the inside stays dark then add a 'see through' mirrored front, place the redundant tablet into the corner of the mirror you want then hey presto you have a day info system built into your mirror.

Overview | Android Smart Home Mirror | Adafruit Learning System

Have fun......

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 23:17:14 Mobile | Show all posts
Not wanting to sound like an old fart but why not use the tablet in the same way in the traditional sense? It looks cool I’ll grant you but personally I wouldn’t get along with it.

Then again I still limit my tech gadgetry to AV type things and haven’t really got into assistants and internet connected fridges yet
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 23:17:15 Mobile | Show all posts
This is really for older tablets that can't run fast enough for the latest apps.

I own Samsung P6800s that frankly wouldn't pass muster for a day to day tablet these days, but this would be ideal to 'repurpose' them for something useful.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部