View: 359|Reply: 3

what do I need to play movie from PC using KODI into scart TV ?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:17:27 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,
The way the Fire TV stick is a wifi device.  If you run KODI on it, you can attach to a network share on your system and stream mpeg file from it.

I am told this but need more help. I have .mpg video files on my PC and wish to play them on my CRT TV, which has scart rgb input. I also have a panasonic DMR bs850 HDD recorder dvd bluray player with usb socket on front for input, outputting to tv via scart, though it says DiVx when I plug in a memory stick with .mpg on it  and my vids are not divx.

What do I need to do, what is KODI, I install it I gather on this Firestick which is WiFi, then it receives the signal from my PC, so how does that work ?  I have a Netgear router, it takes a cable from the virgin media box and sees another go to back of tower unit and I know my Virgin media box is WiFi as my phone connects to it.

Not sure what a network share is.

I would need to somehow plug the Firestick into scart socket on TV.

Not sure if a 'player' would work plugged into the Panasonic player. I dont want to upset the Panny at all.

Merlin

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:17:29 Mobile | Show all posts
You need a TV with an HDMI input.
Forget about trying to use scart on an old TV.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 23:17:30 Mobile | Show all posts
It's a network, which means everything can access everything else regardless of how or where they connect to the network.

To so stream video from one device to another all they need is a language in common - they need to support the same protcols and formats.

Looking at the manual for your Blu-ray player it looks like it's a year or two too early to do what you want.
ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/dvdrecorder/om/dmr-bs850_en_om.pdf

USB doesn't work like SCART or HDMI. USB is a client to host protocol, so you can think of it as a port for plugging in devices for the Blu-ray player to control, rather than an input for data.

It's likely that the only type of devices the blu-ray supports are USB storage, so if it can't read the files in the format you want then your only option there would be to convert

So you're looking at a new device to connect to the TV capable of streaming stuff across the network. That's virtually everything on sale today, the Amazon Firestick with the playback software called Kodi installed was just one example.

At JayCee says your big limiting factor is going to be finding something you can actually connect if you don't have HDMI. There are SCART to HDMI converters, but with no HDMI inputs your TV is presumably SD so you'd have to be a bit careful whatever device you bought supported SD TVs.

A Network share is a folder on your hard drive shared to that it's accessible to other devices on the network. It's a standard option in Windows, Mac OS and most other operating systems (although if your PC is a Chromebox you might have issues).

That's one way of doing it, another equally common way is to run a DLNA server on your PC instead, which gives you some extra functionality and is at least as widely supported by receiving devices. Plex is one of the most popular, but there are plenty of others (The PC version of Kodi can likely do it too).

You'd need something newer than 2009 connected to your TV first though.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 23:17:31 Mobile | Show all posts
CRT it seems so barely that

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部