View: 375|Reply: 2

No buttons working on Firestick remote

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:19:30 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I seem unable to get my Amazon firestick to work it seems to be stuck in the Home screen and none of the buttons seem to work.I checked the batteries which seemed find but fitted two new ones just in case but still no buttons work.Found the following on Google but did not solve the problem/.
What do you do if your FireStick freezes?
Restart your device. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the device or fromthe power outlet, and then plug it back in. You can also use your remote to restartyour device. Press and hold the Select and Play/Pause buttons at the same time, for about five seconds.
Any advice appreciated.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 23:19:32 Mobile | Show all posts
I have now got this working I changed the batteries again and it worked yet the previous batteries were almost fully charged.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:19:33 Mobile | Show all posts
I’ve found the remote on my Fire TV box to only like batteries that are near on fully loaded.

The Duracell batteries that come with the box when new will last about a month no matter how little or how much you use the box.

I’ve found these batteries still have a capacity of 70% and can go on providing power to other remotes for months after they stopped working in the Fire TV remote.

To stop myself going bankrupt and to help save the planet I always use high capacity rechargeable batteries now but in the Fire TV remote they need recharging after about 2 to 3 weeks and the charger used to recharge them says the batteries still have 80 to 90% charge in them.

Thought it was just me but now seeing this thread I think maybe not.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部