Music sounds like it's underwater - jack 3/4 out -

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:20:23 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hoping someone can shed some light.

I have 2x active PA speakers connected to a mixer.  I have a 3.5mm lead from my device into a Jack connection into the Mixer.  Pretty simple I would have thought.

This worked fine for a few weeks, and then suddenly it sounded like it was underwater.  I got another Mixer replacement believing the other to be faulty, - one channel was fine, the other had the same problem.  When I use phono (twin red & black) leaders into a different channel, - it is fine.

I have now got yet another mixer, and lo and behold - exactly the same problem!

I have read something about a single jack which can both send and receive audio not lining up properly... and.. when I pull the jack three quarters out of the socket, all is fine.. (although it's very fiddly to get it right.

What is going on here?  I would like to use the single jack channel as that has gain control on the mixer, where the phono does not.  Do I need a different cable?  Surely this must be a common issue?

Many thanks for any help in advance.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:20:24 Mobile | Show all posts
Sounds like your mixer's 3.5mm socket is more than just a TRS (Tip, ring & sleeve) type. It could be a TRRS which explains why your plug works okay when it's withdrawn slightly.
Check it's user manual.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部