Live streaming using MacBook Pro with three inputs

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:23:38 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello all,

I’ve had a look around and couldn’t find the ideal place for this so apologies if there is somewhere better for this to go and please say.

On to what I’m needing advice on as I’m a novice. I work in live events and am looking to finally do some live streaming on top of the graphics, lighting and sound. At present I’m trying to do this with about £400 budget and the main use is to live stream one camera along with a feed of content from a projector and send to other sites.

I’m thinking of buying Blackmagic intensity extreme usb, Blackmagic ultra studio mini recorder and downloading OBS. For the audio I’d purchase a focusrite scarlett.

What I have is an analogue mixer, MacBook Pro, 2k switcher/scaler with dvi output, hdmi HD camera.

I plan on using an hdmi camera into the Blackmagic ultra via thunderbolt into the Mac. Using the intensity to take the content feed from our switcher/scaler (1080p DVI- can only be P signal due to projector limitations) into usb on the Mac. Audio will be an xlr out from the mixer into the Scarlett and usb out into the Mac.

This would likely be streamed to our business intranet or using YouTube channel but that’s dependent on our IT department.

My first question is can the MacBookPro handle all these inputs easily? In future Potentially add another camera using the other thunderbolt connection.
Will these add a lot of latency?
Am I likely to experience audio/video sync issues? Do streaming software have these built in or would I need something front end?
Big concern is the signal conversion from the switcher to Mac  - will the BM ultra studio do the job?
What other kit would you recommend?

If you’ve made it this far I thank you for taking the time to help.

Cheers

Ray

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 23:23:39 Mobile | Show all posts
1. The Macbook Pro (assuming it's a recent model) can handle this no problem.
2. Adding another camera will likely not cause too much latency.
3. Most softwares have this built in, so just make sure there's no latency on the recording end.
4. Not too experienced so can't recommend something properly.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 23:23:40 Mobile | Show all posts
Cheers Harry. It’s mid 2015 MacBookpro with 2.2ghz i7 processor.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 23:23:42 Mobile | Show all posts
It should be fine then. If after  adding another camera it gets laggy you could wire it through an external video card. Check out some of Elgato's products, but it shouldn't be necessary with your current setup.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部