JimmyMac Publish time 26-11-2019 20:52:52

Flavour thread would be a great idea

oska Publish time 26-11-2019 20:52:53

It would't hurt, people could post their favourite juices and vendors to give others ideas.

busterbenny2001 Publish time 26-11-2019 20:52:53

Great idea!

Dony Publish time 26-11-2019 20:52:53

When taking a draw on my EMOW, there's a lot of pops and crackling noises. Is this normal, or has some liquid got in somewhere it shouldn't have?

JimmyMac Publish time 26-11-2019 20:52:53

Possibly a little liquid in the pipe, on Mine I just take the tank off and carefully blow into the opposite end to blow out any bits

nacmacfeegle Publish time 26-11-2019 20:52:54

The crackling and popping is apparently a normal thing...
E-cig making crackling noise when I vape : electronic_cigarette

oska Publish time 26-11-2019 20:52:54

Mine pops and crackles more than a bowl of rice crispies. If it didn't I'd be worried it was flooded.

walks Publish time 26-11-2019 20:52:54

I've been reading through this thread today looking for more info. I'm looking to start vaping to replace cigarettes. I smoke roll ups, about 15 a day, give or take and have been looking at this as a decent starter kit.

I have a couple of questions:
Replacing coils and wicks is confusing me slightly, how often do I need to replace them and what parts do I need to replace them with? I want to keep it as simple and as cheap as possible.
How long will the e-liquids last, how many would I need to buy to last say a week? Currently I buy enough tobacco, papers and filters to last a month when I get paid and would look to do the same with an e-cig, just need to know what to buy and how much to see me through to the next payday. I understand the amount of liquid I need could depend on a number of factors, but was just looking for a rough 'best guess' figure.

oska Publish time 26-11-2019 20:52:54

Ok

I have been recommending people get the Emow kit from Virtual Vape. You get some standard coils and also a Unicoil which is a special homemade coil. The standard ones are not that great but will do to start off. They can last from a couple of days up to a couple of weeks. You just bin them after. The Unicoil however can be rewicked many many times. This means one coil can last up to about 6 months if you are careful. They are very easy to do and there are tutorial videos to show you. You wick them with cotton wool which is supplied.

It's a good starter kit but you may want something a bit beefier as in time you will want to upgrade anyway. I'd then recommend an Eleaf iStick(battery) and a Aspire Nautilus(tank) from Myepack. The Nautilus has dual coils so give out a bit more vapour but also increases battery usage, the iStick has a big battery though to compensate. All these things are interchangable by the way. The Emow tank will fit the iStick and vice versa so you tend to keep hold of bits just in case another fails. The problem with vaping is there is so much choice and something new every week. One person may get on with something but for someone else it may not suit.

The set up I use is a bit more advanced. The Kayfun is a rebuildable atomizer so you basically make the coils yourself and wick them. The Sigelei box mod has replaceable batteries so you also need them and a charger.

Any experienced vaper will have spent a small fortune getting to where we are, I have had small starter kits, variable voltage batteries etc etc up to the kind of thing I am using now.

Juice wise it is hard to say. I started 2 years ago and 10ml would last a week. Now I use 4ml a day. I buy all my juice from Vaper Caper. Strength wise I'd maybe start with 12mg, you can always up it or reduce it to see how how it goes.

walks Publish time 26-11-2019 20:52:54

Thanks oska. I have to admit, I was looking at getting the istick with a nautilus mini, but decided I didn't want to spend that much money to start with. If I get on with vaping as a viable alternative to smoking then I may well invest some more money in the future. I liked the price of the CE5 kit on VaperCaper which is why I asked about it.

Also, I did try an ecig a couple of years ago, spent a decent amount of money on a starter kit from Green Smoke. It was pretty good, I liked the fact that it looked like a normal cigarette so people wouldn't necessarily know it was an e-cig, but I definitely felt like something was missing, I just couldn't quite put my finger on it.
With regards to the Emow kit and the unicoil, how often would the wick need replacing? How much do they supply you with? Is it possible to buy the unicoil seperately and use it with the CE5 kit?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
View full version: Information Overload - Newbie Help Request!