View: 254|Reply: 0

Not a Righteous Man in Lark Rise?

[Copy link]
9-10-2020 06:34:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I started watching this series a couple of months ago. Good acting, sets, cinematography, etc... but there was something about the basic ongoing plot that didn't seem real or believable.

A recent episode (Season 4, Ep. 5) brought this into plain light when Dorkus began talking to the other women about more or less "allowing" the men of Lark Rise to believe that they possess feminine qualities and pretending not to be the superior species that they truly are.

Now I was able to put my finger on the lack believability. In spite of the good acting, interesting stories and superior production quality, there was one important ingredient missing in the town of Lark Rise, unless it appeared fleetingly in some earlier episode that I missed; there is not a single competent, righteous, stable male, capable of existing without the direction and supervision of the town's women... that is, unless they're "assumed" to be there, just not appearing in the series.

Sure, some of the women have there flaws, but not so much so that they are unable to rain supreme over the town's mix of chronically flawed men who, without female guidance, would flounder haplessly and probably starve to death. I guess it's a good thing that those poor men have all those women to correct and redirect them repeatedly throughout each episode!

Seriously though... Couldn't you guys at the BBC create even one male character that the people of Lark Rise could actually admire and look up to... without having him come apart at the seams before then end of the episode?

score /10

ultimatevideo 18 July 2011

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2460683/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部