View: 266|Reply: 0

Great show, rushed last season.

[Copy link]
9-10-2020 06:34:08 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Lark Rise to Candleford caught me quite off guard as I watched one, then two, then three episodes when suddenly I was consumed and watched nothing else until making it through the last episode. The show is a period piece about life in the old English countryside (mid to late 1800's). The characters are mostly likable and the stories optimistic stories of family, friends, and the love it takes to keep them all going. It is also about the period of great change during this period that strained the vision of people as what they did for a living became obsolete (much like today). I loved that optimism prevailed in the story line even if some of the characters were a little over the top. It is a show that generations can watch together without the concern for unacceptable subjects, or vile scenes suddenly being thrust upon them putting some in an awkward position to explain. Innocent to a fault, but touching none the less. It saddens me that they only produced 3 and a half seasons as the story could have gone on much longer. Especially in the final season which was a combination of meaningless stories combined with those that were rushed to try and bring some closure to the stories. Would four more episodes have really killed the BBC when the show was one of the most popular going into its final season? But businesses don't care so this is nothing new. The positive is that it is a great show and well worth anyone's time to watch and savor.

score 9/10

ElessarAndurilS 3 January 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3612316/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部