View: 106|Reply: 0

I think we're at a point...

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
7-11-2020 12:05:13 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
...where we have to accept that gay movies can be just mediocre. We've had masterpieces, and we've had the truly bad. Now we're getting mediocre. This is progress, if you take a moment to think about it.

This movie is not good, but I can understand why some people like it. And I can also understand why others hated it. The reviewer who called it a Hallmark type movie is correct. You can see every plot point coming at you a mile away. And while the plot is interesting, the writer/director/whoever can't manage to keep it going for the duration. A for effort, really, but that's not enough.

I have to wonder about the reviewers here who called it the best gay movie ever made, especially the one who cited a number of prestigious titles to prove his point. Maybe his hyperbole is meant to be sarcasm? Otherwise the remark staggers the mind.

We are at a point where there is a market for this kind of movie. Mediocre melodrama. And that's okay. No reason gay people should be denied this kind of thing if they want it. But take the rave reviews here with a grain of salt. Just because it struck the right nerves for some people does not make it a superior piece of filmmaking. It is not.

score 3/10

ekeby 26 August 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4304382/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部