View: 245|Reply: 0

Great exploration of Ronnie Dobbs

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
18-2-2021 00:42:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I loved Mr. Show. This flick basically takes the Ronnie Dobbs character and gives it the treatment it deserves.

I read the "Trivia" section and was interested to discover what a touch-and-go the whole project was. I think it's something of tribute that, in spite of having strayed from Bob/David's original conception, it's still a wonderful movie. Others have commented on the content, which is pretty much summed up as a take-down of rednecks and Hollywood.

So let's just call this what it is: Giving due production diligence to the whole Ronnie Dobbs mythos as Mr. Show was getting mothballed.

From time to time a production blows apart one of my "rules of thumb". The rule of thumb exploded by "Run Ronnie Run" is that some media efforts are essentially work programs for talented actors and actresses, and that these kinds of "make-work" programs suck. "Run Ronnie Run" is, in part, a make-work program, but it still feels oh-so right. What's the difference? The difference is in a production like this having an inspired myth; and Ronnie Dobbs *is* one for the ages. When you're watching it, metabolize it as David Cross channeling the spirit of a *god*, and it'll all make sense to you.

score 8/10

rzajac 9 June 2013

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2810007/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部