View: 157|Reply: 0

I am the villain of this story

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 05:53:56 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
score 10/10

I remember watching a few episodes of Smallville during the early seasons when I was child, but i really didn't understand what was going on half the time because I saw bits and pieces and wasn't really knowledgeable in comics or had a real interest in the Superman lore itself. For me at this time it was mainly either Batman or Spider-Man

Fastforward to April 2019 and me being an adult and huge comic fan, I decided to give Smallville a chance and I'm so glad I did. The first episode itself alone hooked me in as a fan and hasn't let me go since. Tom Welling did an exceptional job showing us Clark Kent as he learns about his true origins, where he came from, his powers and forging his own destiny. Tom showcased everything you could possibly want in Superman - heroic, brave, considerate and self sacrificing. He is the best Superman since Christopher Reeve. I should point out despite this being Clark's journey into becoming Superman, he is basically the Man of Steel anyway

Let's not forget Clark's friend/enemy relationship with Lex Luthor played by Michael Rosenbaum who is still the best live action Lex Luthor to date. Infact Smallville has made me care more about Lex than Clark because we see Lex's troubled history with his father, Lionel Luthor played by John Glover who did a great job of being a villain you love to hate. It's no wonder how Lex became the villain we know him to be after watching his own journey. Oh and the scenes between Lex and Lionel are incredible to watch due to the amazing chemistry between Rosenbaum and Glover

Smallville is filled with twists and turns that leave you hanging on the edge of your seat wanting more. Twists you'd never thought would happen. It's made me a huge fan of Lex Luthor and a fan of the Superman lore as well. Oh let's not forget Brainaic played by James Marsters who did an exceptional job as a cold calculating artificial intelligence villain

anthonywltrs 1 September 2019

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5094200/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部