12Next
Back New
View: 406|Reply: 11

Any Nissan 370Z Owners?

[Copy link]
24-11-2019 22:40:28 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Fancy something different, so wondering about picking one of these up to replace my ageing Saab convertible.

Any owners out there with first hand experience?

Going to have a look at one tomorrow, a GT convertible manual, 2011 with less than 20,000 on the clock.

TIA

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:40:29 Mobile | Show all posts
Old man's car

I kid you not, an 85 year old round the corner from me has one .  

Pretty sure that's what my nephew drives or did, any specific questions I'll ask.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 22:40:30 Mobile | Show all posts
I know that they are very thirsty, but you don’t get one for fuel economy

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:40:30 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm fairly sure they turn up their noses at that 95 RON crap, only 24 Carat 98 RON keeps them happy.

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 22:40:30 Mobile | Show all posts
Don't mind the fuel economy - it's only going to the airport and back, and the school run when I'm at home - I probably do less than 3000 miles per year! I really don't need the economy of a diesel.

I've been watching some YouTube videos, and they seem pretty reliable as a used car, with no serious mechanical issues to watch for. It seems that the drop top can have some problems with the roof mechanics, but can generally be sorted.

As I think our next main car will be electric, I just feel the need to stick two fingers up at the forthcoming EV revolution before the chance is lost forever! Something that drinks fuel at more than twice the rate of my present transport should fit the bill nicely!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:40:31 Mobile | Show all posts
I had a 350z GT 300, it was a great car and intended to get a 370z at some point after test driving one but £550  road tax and I only got 11mpg from my 350. You can go quicker for less and they feel heavy with a fat ass. Definitely more GT then sports car.

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 22:40:31 Mobile | Show all posts
Well, I've never had a true GT, or sports car - the fastest (OK quickest, not necessarily fastest) car was a Renault 5 GT Turbo, many moons ago. And the 'sportiest' car was a Dutton Phaeton that replaced the Renault to pay for some more flying training.

So basically, I wouldn't know the difference between a GT and sports car anyway!   Even my current Saab is quite quick enough, so I don't imagine I'll be exploring the boundaries anytime soon - not deliberately anyway!

Yes, the road tax is going to sting - but this is a bit of fun, so not sure how you quantify that financially.

For a GT, it certainly seems to hold it's own against similar types, besting Audi TT's, BMW Z4's, Boxsters, and the like on various YT videos - although TBH, they're all so close that a lot will depend on the driver rather than the car - and there seem to be just as many videos where the above cars beat the Nissan!

TBH, I've already said that I'm not planning on pushing the limits, so I wouldn't notice the difference between any of these methinks. I'm sure I'd be happy with any upgrade to my present wheels.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:40:31 Mobile | Show all posts
There's always good advice on pistonheads. I'm sure there's a buyers guide somewhere that points out things to look for.

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 22:40:31 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks - I popped over to take a look - and they get a solid write-up, with very few issues.

Just had my test-drive......

OMG, what a car. Previous owner had obviously lavished lots of attention on it - even before the 'prep' the garage are going to give it, it could easily pass for just a year old car!

The acceleration is addictive (I just know the EV chaps are going to tell me theirs is so much better - but still)! Will have to watch this, as all too easy to get 'pinged' going a little faster than planned!

I hadn't planned on buying any extra warranties - but ended up buying a whole host - not because of any pressure selling, but the car is in such good nick, it'd be a shame for it to get spoiled in the same way as my Saab has over the last few years, with dings, nicks, and damaged wheels. So bought wheel & tyre cover, bodywork cover, and a 3 year full warranty.

I pick it up on the 15th!

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 22:40:32 Mobile | Show all posts
I like them. Enjoy.

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部