View: 731|Reply: 23

Company Car Viewing?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 23:49:14 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I'll need to start looking for a company car in the near future, not something ive previously done.

Do you just rock up at a dealership, lie through your teeth and pretend the car is for yourself? Or come clean that you are a company car driver and the vehicle will be leased?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 23:49:14 Mobile | Show all posts
I used to look after the lease cars at work and our employee's would ask us to get demonstrators from either the dealers or leasing companies.

Used to get them to send cars for a weekend or for a week or do rolling demos of the different cars available so for example Ford would send us a different model each week for a month or so, so our lease drivers could demo them.

Ask your employer to sort some demo's out.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:49:15 Mobile | Show all posts
And if you don’t work for a large enough employer or they don’t do demos, then just be honest. Why would you lie?

I always tell them that I am just browsing when I am. You don’t want to waste anyone’s time. But the dealership is there for the manufacturer and give them some presence, so if you’ve narrowed it down don’t be afraid to ask for a test drive. That is their job

And if you are shy, why not book one through the website.

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:49:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Actually the dealership is a franchise and wants to sell its own cars and indeed will need to sell a certain amount of new cars from the manufacturer to keep the dealership status, sales staff used to be commission based earners and i suspect the majority still are.

I agree with the be honest in as much as you are just browsing make a short list and arrange a test drive through the manufacturer of the cars you like

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:49:17 Mobile | Show all posts
And part of that franchise comes with having to provide a service, use the same branding, showroom layout etc. Anyone not willing to provide a test drive will loose business. You may argue business they never had, then again you never know where the supply comes from.

Also at the OP, don’t know if they provide and opt out scheme. It could be more beneficial for you not to have a company car. Make certain you do your sums

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:49:18 Mobile | Show all posts
When I was looking for a new company car I just went into the dealership and said I was interested in a test drive.  The receptionist asked if it was business or private and then I was handed over to the correct sales person.
I explained that my company had a lease company that we typically used but he was welcome to submit a quote to my boss.  I took the car out on my own for about an hour and when I came back the sales person asked about spec and how long the lease would be for and then he sent a quote over by email.
They were quite a bit more expensive than our existing supplier so I replied saying thanks but no thanks.  It was all very easy to be honest.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 24-11-2019 23:49:18 Mobile | Show all posts
I was a bit skeptical about stating I was a company car driving as I was worried that would instantly make the salesmen disintrested in me. Its good to know they have a system in place for company car drivers.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 23:49:19 Mobile | Show all posts
All of the bigger leasing companies will already have their supplying dealers for each manufacturer set up. The "end user" (you) may well request that a particular dealer supplies their car but it generally falls on deaf ears.
By carrying out a test drive for a company car driver, the salesman concerned may well be losing out on business. Whilst he is out of the showroom, a retail customer may well walk in and end up purchasing a car. This is why salesmen will try to steer clear of carrying out test drives for company car drivers.
Can you really blame them???

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:49:20 Mobile | Show all posts
In my case, the salesman was exclusively dealing with business transactions. There were other salesmen who dealt with private purchases or pcp.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 23:49:21 Mobile | Show all posts
Perfect!

Use magic Report

123Next
Back New