123Next
Back New
Author: Hpi_matrix

Company Car Viewing?

[Copy link]
24-11-2019 23:49:22 Mobile | Show all posts
Sure but we don’t know what lease company it is, who the supplying dealer is etc. Nor what the arrangements are for the employee. Only the op knows that.

I’ve had all sorts of scenarios; from a fixed list of cars and models to choose, to total freedom with an amount upto which I could go. To picking my own personal lease and getting an allowance. There are just so many forms.

These days it rarely makes sense to get a company car in my opinion, but it still depends on what the rules/deal is.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 23:49:23 Mobile | Show all posts
All manufacturers have a company car demo scheme. A company I used to work for ran it for Peugeot, Ford, Volvo, Mercedes Benz, VW, Audio, Skoda, BMW & Renault. The contact will be through the company car scheme administrators - if your company is large enough and retains a list, or through the leasing co. if they work with just 1 provider. The car you want to test drive will be delivered to you and you will have it for a few days. There's normally a limit of 3-5 vehicles you can demo.

Company cars are still sold through dealerships, but it tends to be either the larger ones - Vindis group for example or via dealerships owned by the motor companies.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 24-11-2019 23:49:23 Mobile | Show all posts
No opt out scheme im afriad. I need a lease with 30K a year and have a budget of £550 a month. Nothing over 200hp or 2L (although this can be pushed a little).

Really I was asking this question so I had an idea of what I wanted to go for, so nearer the time of ordering I could ask my company for longer test drives.

At the moment I have an Audi A4 that was a hand down.

I really like the look of the Alfa Guila & Kia Stinger, and they are also left ball choices (I like to be different). BMW or Audi seems to be a more sensible/boring option, and its a shame I cant get the Golf GTE anymore.

There's just so much choice out there and having never been in a position to have a new car but being a bit of a petrol head it would be nice to go round the dealerships to see whats on offer.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 23:49:24 Mobile | Show all posts
Alfa seems very popular at the moment. One of the better handling sports saloons and I love the looks.

The BMW 330e is worth looking at if you can swing it. Tell them you will only drive it in eco mode and not with the electric motor and petrol switched in at the same time...

I loved my Passat, but a boring drive, even if very comfortable.

Don't dismiss the Mondeo or SMax. Both handle very well and you get a lot of kit in business guise.

I wouldn't want the Kia personally, but that's just badge snobbery!! The lease may be expensive though because the RVs are quite low.

What about a Skoda? Their sports models handle well and again, lots of toys.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 24-11-2019 23:49:25 Mobile | Show all posts
330e would be bob on, but Im pretty sure thats above my budget as both my boss's have them. IS300h would an alternativly to look at.

Skoda's all seem a bit meh, would prefer a Seat.

But again this is my reason to want to visit some dealerships to have a look around!

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:49:26 Mobile | Show all posts
Alfa is a lovely choice, I've had the pleasure to drive a Giulia Q...And especially using someone else money that would be top of my list. No idea about business lease prices though, never found them that competitive.

And if you like a bit of a slightly different one, how about the new Volvo S60? But definitely test drive it as I have no idea whether it is a drivers car.

If the Kia Stinger fits in, then I'd think that could be fun as well. I wouldn't with my own money, but as a lease yes why not.

Or if you want to be a bit different, and save a bit of money, try the latest Vauxhall Insignia. Sure doesn't have the German badge appeal but it is cheap for your BIK and actually not that bad to drive.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 23:49:27 Mobile | Show all posts
Does anyone have any knowledge on the new WLTP fuel testing and the effects this will have on the tax on company cars?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 23:49:27 Mobile | Show all posts
330e really isn't that great, sounds terrible also. Boss went from a is300h to the 330e and hates it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 23:49:28 Mobile | Show all posts
For any dealers you go to, always try to speak to the business fleet manager. They will often have access to manufacturer demos for extended test drives (I had an Audi Q5 on an extended demo, the car was direct from Audi and not a dealer demo car).

Also, be wary of new company car tax laws that came in last year. When you work out company car tax on your chosen car, be aware of whether you are entltled to opt out for a cash allowance as HMRC will tax you on whatever is higher between company car tax or what tax you would pay on a car allowance (this does not work the other way, and I believe plug in hybrids / electric cars are exempt from this).

So, you could choose a really tax effiecnet comapny car but end up paying more tax if you are entltled to a generous opt out cash allowance.

Guide to company car tax changes, cash allowance and salary sacrifice

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 23:49:29 Mobile | Show all posts
Are you sure about that? I have googled it and can't find anything? Your link doesn't seem to work for me.

Use magic Report

123Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部