Author: True Romance

Road rage, how do you react?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 23:54:58 Mobile | Show all posts
That's what I try and do when they're in the wrong. I'll probably mutter some choice words at them too.
I sometimes entertain the idea of getting out and having a rant just to imagine the look on their faces but it's not going to happen in real life.
If I'm in the wrong I'll hold a hand up and hope they'll get over it too.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 23:54:59 Mobile | Show all posts
i think there's a lot of truth in that

iv'e watched quite a lot of the youtube road rage type stuff it can be quite entertaining

one thing i have noticed is the UK bad driver type vids you will see the same people with their dashcams driving or riding round and quite often provoke a situation that could quite easily be avoided, it looks to me as if it is done for the footage to put up on youtube

iv'e had dashcams in my cars for a few years and i have 2 incidents of bad driving where i thought it was worth a second look
1 was when a car bumped me from the rear at traffic lights and another when a car was overtaking 2 cyclists on a blind bend in a national speed limit and met me in the middle of the bend with them being on the wrong side of the road
i will admit i swore a bit whilst they were beeping their horn at me

on the other hand i could of provoked hundreds of situations for the sake of youtube if i was that way inclined but i would rather just get on with my journey

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I keep any footage that shows questionable driving; the only clip I've ever done anything with was I put everything relevant (by way of a 'witness statement' type of report along with a copy of the footage) onto a CDR and passed it to the area Police, was an assault by a girl walking a dog on a younger (secondary student) girl who had ridden her cycle past.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I did let emotion get the better of me one afternoon and yelled at a woman calling her a stupid f'ing cow. It almost cost me two weeks wages after being charged with a discipline offence of bringing the fire brigade into disrepute.

At about 15.20 on a beautiful sunny afternoon we were directed to a house fire, persons reported with multiple 999 calls. On route I had to take the pump down a long straight road with a school and a zebra crossing servicing it which was patrolled by a lollipop woman. With blues and two going the pump was up to about 40 mph and I could see the lollipop woman with a dozen or so infant school kids waiting on the right hand side of the road. I lifted off the throttle just as she stepped on the crossing and held her board out, a couple of kids, I think, also followed her. I braked as hard as I could, thankfully she retreated and I came to a halt some 20 metres the other side of the crossing, I opened my door and let fly with a torrent of abuse at her before being told to carry on to the fire. After the fire was over I had to ask one of the other lads to drive back to station.

Next shift I was ordered to remain on the station with my union rep as the Divisional Commander was going to interview me under caution. I related the story which was backed up by my officer in charge. The DC was then going to go to the school and interview the lollipop lady and the headmistress who had made the formal complaint.

Apparantly the lollipop lady said something like "I don't care if they were going to a fire. It's my crossing and when I'm on it they should have stopped!" She was sacked on the spot. The charges were dropped and nothing put on my record. The skid marks were there for months a reminder of how close I came to absolute disaster. Stupid f'ing cow.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
In my younger days (back when I was riding motorcycles rather than driving cars) I would often chase people down and tell them exactly what I thought of them.

I’ve also been known to slow right down and stop my vehicle if I spot someone behind me with their phone to their ear.

These days the red mist rarely comes down though I will have a rant in the car if I see someone do something stupid, macho pride takes a back seat to ensuring the safety of my children (if with me) or ensuring that I make it home to them (if not)

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 23:54:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Some great comments from most of you so many thanks for those . Seems like most don't want to get involved in a dispute which is encouraging to read. We all know how frustrating driving can be with the amount of idiots on the road but try to chill-out take a deep breath and just get home safe. Never worth the risk getting into an argument that can quickly escalate over a motoring misdemeanour.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 23:55:00 Mobile | Show all posts
Apart from P Pea and Mjn. They have undertakers and 'phone a sniper' on speed dial

(I hope you both pull into a safe location prior to making said phone calls)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I'm pretty chilled, I just make a simple call to the person who wronged me...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I had some delivery driver in one of those small vauxhall vans try and cut in when I was going from the A12 to the M25.
When I didn't give him space - I couldn't move anyway - he decided to pull up beside me on the M25 and shout and finger point.
I just smiled and waved which made him go mental. He then proceeded to try frighten me by pretending to maneuver towards me (Bearing in mind we are doing about 70 Mph on the M25.)
At which point I laughed again as I was in a 2 Ton Audi and he was in this small little white van.
He evtually sped off and I just waved at him as he passed me.
Some people are just crazy when they get behind a wheel.

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 23:55:00 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes found laughing at them really makes them even more crazy! Literally foaming at the mouth!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部