Road rage, how do you react?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 23:55:30 Mobile | Show all posts
Pretty much what I was thinking.

In such situations, if light traffic, I don't press the button at all, and just wait a few seconds until it's safe to cross.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:55:31 Mobile | Show all posts
I think it depends with me. 90% of the time I simply continue driving and ignore them. Chances are they are the moron that made a mistake and will probably be parting ways in a few minutes so why should I bring up my blood pressure because of them? I've had a few occasions where someone does something idiotic, tries to "have a go" (e.g. swearing at me or rude gestures) but then gives up when they realise I'm not interested in playing.
This is safer for me and for any occupants in the car with me.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 23:55:31 Mobile | Show all posts
My approach exactly . In 30 seconds they'll be forgotten about so I don't react.

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:55:32 Mobile | Show all posts
Sorry to go off topic, I thought the rules were that as none emergency traffic we must not make manoeuvres to get out of the way, like do not go into bus lanes etc as many have been fined in London whilst they thought they’d be kind.

My understanding is that under the current rules you continue your journey and it is the blue light services that has to go around you. Now with a bit of common sense that doesn’t mean you actively block them in either

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 23:55:33 Mobile | Show all posts
You are quite right. The wording of the regulations are:
When it is necessary or desirable either, to indicate to
persons using the road the urgency of the purpose for which the vehicle is being used
or to warn persons of the presence of the vehicle or a hazard on the road.

This covers all emergency vehicles, obviously vehicles are exempt from certain rules like the speed limit, or interestly as you've mentioned it, driving in a bus lane. If however the vehicle is involved in a collision then the driver is open to a charge of dangerous driving.

Drivers will respond in different ways to a fire appliance on blue lights, some panic and hit the brakes on a blind bend others pull over safely. City and town driving is the worse because of the size of the vehicle, you have to rely on drivers to get out of the way so you can make progress. Let's be honest you're a pretty sick individual if you don't give way to a fire appliance or ambulance even though you are not legally obliged to do so.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 23:55:34 Mobile | Show all posts
Common sense;
Momentum and energy use.

As a pedestrian, at a zebra crossing I evaluate the traffic and wait at the back (furthest from the kerb) until I see a suitable gap; No sense in making a 44-tonne wagon or queue of cars pull up to let me cross, then burn loads of fuel to pull away again when the energy hit on me to pause is negligible.
Unlike a cyclist, I don't have 15 gears to descend and climb everytime I come to a halt.

Walking alone I treat Pelican crossings as Zebras, when I'm with my kids I always go through the press the button and wait for the lights procedure.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 23:55:35 Mobile | Show all posts
I've mentioned in the past how I like to loop cars driving in the middle lane on the motorway.  (Though not done it for a while now I think about it).  When they get annoyed (but still don't pull over) I like to give them a thumbs up as I go past.  And again when they overtake me.

I'm also a bit of a wind up, and blow kisses to people who are raging.  Tends to make them worse, but I don't much care.  Let them get on with it.

I don't really rage myself, but will use my horn if someone cuts me up.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 23:55:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Fair enough, though I'd just overtake and leave them there (though I make a point of moving to the leftmost lane right infront of them);
It's the ones dawdling in the right--most lane of a dual-carriageway or motorway but with nothing to overtake for miles ahead, that are the bigger problem.

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:55:36 Mobile | Show all posts
I once had a very bad reaction to road rage and it properly shook me up. Never again. I now drive completely differently, courteously, politely, and never react to anyone suffering with road rage if I do put a foot wrong.

I drive quickly, I have some fast cars, but only when the conditions allow and I’m not bothering other road users.

Day to day driving, I’ve learnt to take the time, let people pull out, it feels better.

My bad experience was not letting some guy in a battered old Polo undertake me on a busy dual carriageway. He resorted to shouting and I retaliated. I shouldn’t have done. I was in a Lotus and I seriously thought he was going to ram me. He kept driving into me and I had to get onto the central reservation to avoid him. I managed to lose him on a dual carriageway, until he realised I had turned off and he stopped in the road, turned around and drove the wrong way down the road to chase after me! Luckily ended up losing him after quite some time and before he did any damage, but he was seething he was so mad.

Some people are so crazy, who knows what they'll do. Best let them be!

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:55:37 Mobile | Show all posts
It wasn't these clowns was it??

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部