Author: Sandman

So where are you going on holiday this summer?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:32:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Cape Verde
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:32:36 Mobile | Show all posts
The sights are really nice I must say. We didn't hire a car but did do one excursion around the volcano area's which was really nice. It was on this trip last year that we stopped at a hotel (in Costa Blanca) to pick up passengers and it looked really nice so we decided that would be our next holiday destination - can't wait.

The thing I like about the canaries is that it never gets too hot, and you always have that breeze which makes the warm weather more enjoyable (for me anyway). It takes away the concern of the kids getting burnt too - a good sunblock a couple of times a day and you can sit back and relax knowing that they are safe

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 00:32:37 Mobile | Show all posts
When you say salt water, is it saline or one of these "high tech" jobbies?  I have a customer with a top of the range pool that doesn't use chlorine as in throw in a tablet once in a while, but you throw in salt into the special box bit and then the saline solution is electrolysed and the chlorine is generated in situ.  Apparently much more environmentally friendly, etc.   (and as you may have guessed, I don't look after his pool, but it is there on site, so I get all the stories about it)

I'll wave as you pass by    <<<just like that

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Where will you be when you wave?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Good tip to save some money on annual passes (Assuming you don't want to do London in August)  upgrade just 1 of the basic annual passes to Premium so it includes parking at all the attractions.  As long as you go to something like 4 places in the year it pays for itself and more due to parking costs.

Use magic Report

Probably sitting on a ride- on lawnmower over in Anjou, so a fair bit west of Blois.
Bon voyage!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:32:38 Mobile | Show all posts
We're off to Playa Blanca in Lanzarote in the school holidays.  Chose a villa with private pool via Owners direct, booked flights separately.

Another money saving tip, we are actually flying out of Luton and back in to Gatwick.  Even if we hired a car for each journey and paid the somewhat extreme £75 admin fee for dropping off at a different location to pickup, we would still end up saving money compared to flying to and from the same airport!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
The breeze might make it more comfortable for everyone but you're more likely to get burnt because you're not feeling the heat of the sun, as a warning sign, as much. They're safe because of the sunblock, not the cool breeze. I got absolute burnt to buggery once because I felt far too comfortable in the sun.

I imagine somewhere like Cape Verde is prime for this. Out in the ocean so breezy but that much further south where the sun is hotter.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Absolutely right, and I do recognise this. Its one of the reasons we are going back to Lanzarote. What I was referring to was that it never gets too hot temperature wise that there is a burn risk when you are well covered up with suncream, with the added bonus that with the breeze, the overall comfort is something I really enjoy - warm, but not feeling hot.

We still keep out of the mid day sun though - usually we'll spend most of the morning playing in the pool by which time the kids will want to chill in the apartment for a bit and then we go for lunch. By the time thats done, the mid day sun has passed. Last year was one of my favourite holidays ever - just the right temperature, great facilities for kids, great food and very stress free. Different story when we went to Disney June/July time a couple of years back. 1st ever time at Disney and we only lasted 1.5hrs before we had to leave - just too damn hot and really worried about the kids. We had to be really strategic around planning our days after that, so that we avoided a what could have been a stressful holiday - eg, waiting for a cloudy day before trying the water parks out etc...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 00:32:38 Mobile | Show all posts
What did you think of Miami?  I spent a few weekends there when I was  and honestly cant think of any other place were I just didn't fit in.  I have absolutely loved every other part of america I have been to but for some reason I didn't take to Miami.
Oh, I love Playa Blanca, lovely town with a few great bars with live music.  Last time I was there (which was about 10 years ago) there was a band called Mad dog and the Irishman that played in one of the bars on the sea front.  I think they usually play in puerto del carmen.  They were great.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部