123456Next
Back New
View: 1506|Reply: 50

Looking to go Italy with girlfriend where do you suggest?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:42:44 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I have been with my girlfriend for a year and a half and we are looking to go on our first holiday together. I have Italian parents and can speak the language etc she has never been but would like to go to Naples or Sorrento and we can do day trip to Pompey and Rome.

My girlfriend likes a drink so all inclusive would be nice we have both booked 2 weeks off so don’t mind going for 10 days or 14 especially as the Monday we come back is bank holiday. We are going 20th July. I have never organised a holiday myself before and only been abroad about 4 times with friends and it was very basic when I went with them as it was a lads thing only other times I went abroad was Italy when I went with my parents and stayed with family.

Our budget is around £1500 each with flights and hotel but would prefer around £1000 each but wouldn’t mind paying but extra if it was worth it and just wanted help where to go how much you think we would need places to go etc. I can’t wait to try pizza from Naples girlfriend likes her wine but when on holidays she prefers spirits although she drinks enough gin and tonic weekends

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:42:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Have a look at Jet2 holidays. We found them to be cheaper than the other big brands - even for the same hotels. They have hotels in Naples from about £600 each, but this is B&B only.

If you've never organised a holiday before, book a package and don't try and do it yourself. It might be slightly more expensive, but the reduction in stress will be worth it.

All inclusive might limit your choices, particularly in Italy. It's more popular in Spain at the resort hotels where there's not a lot of point leaving, as there's not a lot to see! With Pompeii, Naples and Vesuvius on the doorstep, it's worth getting out and enjoying the local night life. Drinks are not that expensive anyway!

We went to Sorrento 2 years ago and stayed at the Hilton Palace Hotel. Amazing place and worth the money, with great views of Vesuvius from the bar, really nice pool and just a 10 minute walk back down into the town if you wanted some beach time or a ferry over to Naples or Capri. Breakfast was included, sitting on a terrace overlooking the bay while eating freshly cooked pancakes or something from the huge buffet! They also did half board, with an evening buffet, but we just did B&B and ate either in the bar or in the town. About €30 - $40 Euros per night with drinks for a 3 course meal or about €20 for pizza and pasta.

If you are looking for buzzing nightlife, Sorrento might not be for you. There's plenty of bars and shops open in the evening until late, but it's not a party place. Naples will offer more of this.

Book an excursion to Pompeii. You can get around on the local trains, but they are hot, dirty and crowded. An air conditioned bus and experienced guide is worth the money!!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 00:42:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you so much you have been very helpful thank you. I must admit I rather walk into a travel agent with my girlfriend and talk to them in person but worried if I leave it until next Saturday that’s the earliest we can go together that the price will go up or that all the flights etc will be gone as I have seen some nice hotels saying book quick only 1 left etc.

I would prefer to eat out we was just worried it might be expensive eating out every night while my girlfriend likes her drink I was thinking might need £100 a day for food and drinks. My girlfriend likes the beach and pool and meeting new people on holiday as she likes to chat and people catch trying give as much info so you can recommend places she would like as I have not seen much of Italy myself as every time I went when I was younger it was to see family with my parents and we didn’t really go anywhere

This looks good £626 each for 2 weeks hotels and flights should I book this or is there a catch I’m not seeing? Girlfriend says she doesn’t want a night life local people and bar is fine
https://www.expedia.co.uk/Hotel-Search?packageType=fhc&c=c300010b-1364-456e-af11-64e9cd45ab33&ttla=NAP&ftla=LON&tripType=ROUND_TRIP&origin=London, England, UK (LON-All Airports)&destination=Naples (and vicinity), Italy&startDate=20/7/2019&endDate=3/8/2019&checkInDate=20/7/2019&checkOutDate=3/8/2019&adults=2&infantsInSeats=0&cabinClass=e&pickUpDate=20/7/2019&time1=1030AM&dropOffDate=3/8/2019&time2=1030AM&regionId=6034774&star=40&amenities=19,27,7&sort=recommended

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:42:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Sorrento is great for kicking back in a bar or a bit of shopping, but if you want a bit more going on, then Naples might be better.

£100 a day for the 2 of you should be OK for food and drink. Get breakfast at the hotel, a slice or 2 of pizza for lunch and then aim to eat about 8.30 - 9pm each evening. As a family of 4, we spent €1400 on food and drink over the week - and we do like a drink or 3 as well

Ignore all the "last one" messages on websites, it's just to make you book quickly. I doubt a week will make much difference and looking on the website, there's loads of rooms still available.

I would definitely go to a travel agents. Find a good independent - we used Coop travel and got £100 back in vouchers to use in store as well, as they will be able to search all the providers. We find Jet2 were £200 each cheaper than Tui were for the same holiday in the same hotel. The planes literally took off and landed 10 minutes apart and the transfer coaches raced each other to the hotel! It's worth shopping around and having a load of online deals with you when you go into the travel agents to make them work a bit harder to match them.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 00:42:47 Mobile | Show all posts
My girlfriend talking about the hokiday wants entertainment, balcony  and swimming pool she's worried that she won't get any of that if we go bed and breakfast

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:42:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Hmm... I think the entertainment might be a sticking point, but pool and balcony won't be an issue. Our room at the Hilton Palace had a really nice balcony overlooking the gardens (Naples Bay view would have been over £1000 extra) and the pool area was incredible, with multiple pools laid out on terraces with loads of loungers.

It sounds like she wants more of an all inclusive resort holiday, but these are really rare in Italy. You might end up in Sicily or Sardinia, as I doubt you will find anything like that around Naples.

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 00:42:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Like the others have said; all inclusive, stay in the hotel and 'enjoy' the entertainment is not an Italy thing....That is why I love Italy so much...

Perhaps try Cyprus, Coral Bay and Paphos and the likes do those kind of holiday.

But you two need to talk as your ideas of holidays seem miles apart.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 00:42:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Girlfriend wants a swimming pool, balcony, nice restaurants, go where the locals go, day trip to Rome, pompei she wants to experience the culture and see the landmarks while also relaxing by the pool for a day or two.
I think total of £1500 should be enough for us two for food and drink and we will get [email protected] as you guys suggested she was just use to having all inclusive as she had to think of her boys in the last when she went away. This is first adult holiday as she calls it that she's going on and only other holidays I have been on is with parents to visit family in Italy so never went anywhere and once went paphos as my friends chose that as the place to get married so I don't have much experience myself

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:42:48 Mobile | Show all posts
Another vote for Sorrento. You have Naples, Pompeii, positano, amalfi coast all nearby along with Capri. Plenty of all inclusives

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 00:42:48 Mobile | Show all posts
Looks like sorrento would be the best place for us to stay and spend a day in naples then a day in Rome and a day in pompei seeing the sights. Girlfriend now says she's not fussed about the entertainment so much as in the past she was thinking more of her boys she just wants to experience the culture go where the locals go etc doesn't need night life. Local bars and tavernas type places is good enough for her along with sunshine and pool

Use magic Report

123456Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部