Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:18:34 Mobile | Show all posts
if you buy....you'll have to let us all know how you got on

....and most importantly post some pics

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 21:18:35 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi. I'm in same position and have ordered the Yamaha pacifica 012 in red.  Arrives Thursday coming.

Great info on here... Thx

Looking forward to trying, trying being the word, to getting started.  

Thx for the links people, I love this forum.

Ice

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 21:18:35 Mobile | Show all posts
I've just had a look at the Yamaha and it looks nice. That's about all I can say as I don't have a clue otherwise

Use magic Report

Good to hear you want to learn...I can't give much advice myself, apart from see if a local college has a class like the one I go to. There are so many online videos that you should be able to find some to help you learn more once you start getting the basics sussed out. Shame you aren't nearer I've got a spare Squier Telecaster that you could have borrowed to see how you get on.

Use magic Report

There is an awful lot of choice out there, a guitar for every occasion in fact.  It could narrow things down considerably if there was a particular type of music that you leant towards.  If you're into death metal, then a Fender Strat is probably not gonna cut it, likewise, an 8-string shred machine is going to make sounding like Hank Marvin dead tricky.  Any particular leanings, or do you want to cover a lot of ground with your guitar?

Use magic Report

Yeah me too...... It's a nice colour, says the wife!

But after over a year looking at video and googling this subject the Yamaha gets a good lot of positive feedback for compete starters like us.

Tada!

Ice

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:18:36 Mobile | Show all posts
As a beginner your first port of call should be going to as many shops as possible and trying all the guitars you can to see what 'fits' you and is comfortable to hold, sat down and with a strap, I'd never recommend any new player to buy sight unseen or off the internet as you could just be wasting money. Take someone with you if you can who has some experience as salesmen are known not to be up front to get a sale.

After that then come back with your list....when my daughter wanted, for months, a Sunburst Les Paul we went and tried some and although she tried, she did not like the way it felt or sounded, so we were browsing the shop and she tried an ES339 and the first thing she said was 'This is the one' and that's what you or any beginner really needs to be doing.

Use magic Report

I figure it doesn't matter too much for your first guitar as long as it plays okay. After 6 months you will have a better idea of what you want and you can buy a better guitar.

A Yamaha, cheap Epihone, Squire or Ibanez will do the job really and be easy to sell on. The main thing is you want to pick the guitar up, so looking cool to you is no bad thing.

Around the 300 quid point will get you some nice guitars and then another 100 for a used modelling amp. Equally though 200 would get a Les Paul special and 50 quid a mustang 1.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Of course it matters, it's hard enough to learn as it is and the last thing you need is a guitar that doesn't fit and hard/uncomfortable to play and how would a new player know if it plays OK without any experience, the major downfall when people are buying their first instrument and one of the main reasons people give up is they buy a guitar that might look cool but is completely wrong for them.

There are 'cheap' Yamaha's, Squire's and Ibanez's as well not just 'cheap' Epiphones....

Use magic Report

Not sure if you've got a 'Guitar Guitar' near you, but this pack looks a good deal (see lower down the page for the amp/lead frequently bought together):

Buy the Epiphone Slash AFD Les Paul Special-II Outfit

I'm not even a Slash fan myself, but the guitar looks good IMHO. Under £200 as you don't need the separate strap since the guitar comes with one.

Use magic Report

1234567Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部