Author: Stuey1

Question Time

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:09:52 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm not sure if you are referring to Sidicks or The Chancellor  ?

Anyway. There is no Austerity as you might have seen on the Politics show. Government spending does not produce anything but short term growth at best, followed by inflation and unemployment. The Chancellors policy is contraction/expansion. It keeps an even keel even when the boat is slowly sinking. Devaluing is achieved by monetary inflation and not deflation.

It works by reducing the price of exports, the value of real wages and keeping interest rates low for big business investors with large debts. The full list from Mises:

The objectives of devaluation were

To preserve the height of nominal wage rates or even to create the conditions required for their further increase, while real wage rates should rather sink
To make commodity prices, especially the prices of farm products, rise in terms of domestic money or, at least, to check their further drop
To favor the debtors at the expense of the creditors
To encourage exports and to reduce imports
To attract more foreign tourists and to make it more expensive (in terms of domestic money) for the country's own citizens to visit foreign countries
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 00:09:53 Mobile | Show all posts
How would Sidicks "push ahead with devaluing the pound"?

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 00:09:54 Mobile | Show all posts

You can call it what you like.  The rest of the World will continue to call it austerity.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:09:55 Mobile | Show all posts
And yet you are very much in favour of various climate change measures which are #not known to be 'effective'....

Quite obviously based on the posts that directly preceded it...
That should tell you why it is quiet, he plainly said he didn't know. What else can be said ?                                Click to expand...        [/quote]And in direct response, you said:
So it seemed a reasonable (even logical) assumption to make.
Apology awaited...

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 00:09:55 Mobile | Show all posts
What is logical about you being able to push ahead with a devaluation policy?

Please hold your breath while waiting for an apology

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:09:56 Mobile | Show all posts
So in conclusion:

1. I made a post about my views

2. Karkus quoted my post and made a comment about me

3. You quoted Karkus's post (about me) and immediately made a comment about he...

And yet it was illogical for me to think that I was the 'he' you were referring to...

Of course I should recall you don't have the basic decency to apologise when you are in the wrong.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:09:57 Mobile | Show all posts
I don't know but your posts are so confusing when you omit any names. Can you try Chancellor or Osbourne instead of the ambiguous 'he' ? It would simply things.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:09:58 Mobile | Show all posts
The only austerity is the falling real wages caused by inflationary monetary policy. The IMF have called for fiscally neutral Government spending, so would you like a pop at what that means ? I'm coming to the conclusion, based on actual figures, that what the IMF calls 'austerity' cannot be referring to decreased public spending as it is clearly rising at an alarming rate, so it must mean something else if it is calling for no additional Government spending. Maybe 'austerity' has become a code for something ?

Here is an article about the IMF and Greece. It seems to be calling for more Austerity and part of that is to clamp down on illegal tax evasion.

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2013/05/10/gree-m10.html

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 00:09:59 Mobile | Show all posts
You totally misrepresented what I posted by deliberately inverting the phrase "not known to be effective" for the phrase "known not to be effective".  Once again you are caught bang to rights twisting everything for your own nefarious purposes and then you have the gall to throw a hissy fit because I won't apologise for your mistakes (yes, plural).
And we are supposed to take your views seriously.  I don't think so.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 00:10:00 Mobile | Show all posts
they call it that because thats precisely what it is.The increasing hardship many people are experiencing including loss of jobs loss, loss of  homes ,drop in wages ,those left in work facing increasing workloads and all the problems associated with that ,cuts in benefits, food distribution centres for the poor.Need i go on? Then again those of us who are in comfortable well paid jobs sitting on our  arses can easily pontificate and make absurd claims that there is no austerity.Every time I go into my home town I see another shop close down, the result of austerity and i live in a relatively wealthy town.Whatever anyone says here doesnt change the fact austerity is very much a fact of life for an increasing number of people

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部