Author: klaxhu

Where do we move if X happens ?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 00:20:09 Mobile | Show all posts
So I've been chasing info on some forums for Zurich and with little surprise I've found that there are others like me doing their homework on taxation, life there and Brexit is listed as the reason that made people to start and think about a move.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:20:10 Mobile | Show all posts
You live with it as we always have done and get on with your life  as it is the democratic proccess at work. Fudge what influencers or anons on social media tell you for their clicks to earn a lil more in advertising revenue.

Also if one wishes to move on if an election or reforendum does not go their  way then they have no real vested interest in UK affairs or the backbone to make change to start with .

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:20:11 Mobile | Show all posts
Bye

Stay in touch

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:20:12 Mobile | Show all posts
As an outsider you know doodly-squat

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 00:20:13 Mobile | Show all posts
Outsider?  Sorta, but I "happen" to hold a British passport.  My family did more than its bit "for King and country".  Both my grandfathers served in the trenches in WW1, one came back from Mons less leg and with a morphine addiction. The other gramps, with what we now know was a severe case of untreated PTSD. My father was a machinist for BSA in WW2 supervising machine gun production, having to pick through the wreckage and remains of the night-shift after a bombing.  My mother worked in a bronze casting factory, another war industry. My uncle was killed in a strafing raid in North Africa.

My parents decided to move to Canada, as when Dad came back from serving in post-WW2 Palestine he was fed up with working in Brtitish factories where the vandals (protected by the union) would literally throw a wrench in the gears so they could take off early on Friday to go to the pub.

My brother recently did the family tree thing, and as far as back as they could go, British on both sides of the family.  

In the end, like I said, you'll find the majority of British "we'll leave if..." crowd are the same as the US anti-Trumpers who yelled but didn't move anywhere.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:20:14 Mobile | Show all posts
Some are very fearful of Brexit and it seems to me this fear is impacting on both civil society and the politics within Westminster. Fearful of what might happen, fear of the unknown, fear of change. In aggregate this fear is corrosive.

To say that Brexit will cause the destruction of democracy and civil society is highlighting your own uncertainty and fear of what you think might happen. Its all part and parcel of 'standing on the brink', 'looking into the abyss' and all the other catchy phrases associated with fear of Brexit.

From what you've been saying your ancestors had the resolve, stamina and the inclination to see things through. Luckily all this is still prevalent in the UK.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 00:20:15 Mobile | Show all posts
It isn't Brexit per se that is advancing the destruction democracy and civil society.  It is the intentionally fatally flawed and divisive process that is being used as a wedge issue to manipulate the population and create chaos where there need be none.  That is the source of the "fear" you mention. Read Klein's Disaster Capitalism and Perkins' Diary of an Economic Hit Man to see how this is foisted on countries.  Just because Britain is one of the 5 Eyes doesn't make it immune from US/Zionist Deep State machinations... vassal states have little say.

I agree that the UK and the rest of the world will muddle along once this unmitigated Brexit/no-Brexit idiocy is "resolved", the people have little choice in that.  It is now pretty much a no-win either way, not quite a Hobson's Choice but close.  Make no mistake, the Rothschilds/Bilderburg/Davos crowd will be sure to fill their pockets from the mayhem.  Britain will be weakened, either staying or going... the question is which is the worst option, and no one knows which is better at this point.

Milgram and Zimbardo showed unequivocally how illegitimate authority is used to tip the population's behavioural scales in favour of the power-mongers.  Ya, I know they have both been "discredited" for their methods, but when the experiments are re-run in more acceptable ways, the results are the same.  Real life is even scarier than the original experiments. The French piloted "Game of Death" gave similarly shocking results to Milgram's original experiments. The  Lucifer Effect by Zimbardo gives specific factual accounts of examples of man's inhumanity towards man.

The Nazis didn't take over Germany by asking nicely or by democratic agreement, they did it by deliberately creating chaos.  Do I need to mention the involvement of "upstanding" familiies like the Kennedys, Bushes and Trumps?  Brexit is a chaos-producing exercise... and it's working as planned.  The actual stay/leave end result is of little consequence, creating chaos is the objective.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 00:20:16 Mobile | Show all posts
5 eyes, zionist deep state, rothschilds - really dude?

no sarcastic smileys allowed on avforums, but on the other hand you can spout all the anti-semitc and conspiracy things you want freely here, apparently

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:20:16 Mobile | Show all posts
It's amusing that a reforendum result and possible  GE result would make some consider leaving a place of work where individual taxation is in the UK is lower than most of the EU .

How much do British people pay in tax?                                                                                                        There are important choices to be made, no matter who wins the election on 12 December.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                www.bbc.co.uk                                                                               
Whatever ones political viewpoint we ain't doing a bad job , are we ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:20:17 Mobile | Show all posts
I haven't left the country.... yet but I'm amazed how many of my friends have as well as the medical professionals who treat (well treated now some other kids get the benefit of all their experience) my daughter.

Out of those I know who left the majority got decent jobs in Germany but some of those live in Germany and work in Switzerland.  That is a damn fine deal.  After Germany the next most popular place was Norway.

Otherwise it's a mix around the world in Europe, the US, nz.

I know people who were considering coming back to the UK from new Zealand and australia having been out there for a few years and Brexit changed their mind.

In fact of all the people I've known who uprouted and left the UK I can only think of one couple came back and I believe they are renting....

And were talking about people from many parts of the UK too.... ie who left north Ireland, Newcastle, Canterbury, London, and Walthamstow (Ok guess that's london)

I also know plenty of europeans who came here and consider the UK their home and better than where they lived before..... they're not feeling so comfortable post Brexit but I only know a few of them who left since.

Use magic Report

1234Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部