Author: Rasczak

Scottish IndyRef2 - Autumn 2020

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:22:18 Mobile | Show all posts
Shame innit , if only Nicola was in the HoC as leader of her party.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:22:19 Mobile | Show all posts
Said putting his foot down before he's got the job;

Sajid Javid on Twitter

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 00:22:20 Mobile | Show all posts
Glad to see you condemning FPTP.

Your thread and not even breaking Nabby's law.

FPTP

I assume you now back FPTP being ditched?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:22:21 Mobile | Show all posts
Not at this time no, not for Westminster.  Not sure where I 'condemned' FPTP in that thread or this?  Even less sure what it has got to do with IndyRef2?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 00:22:22 Mobile | Show all posts
You have constantly praised FPTP largely because it was detrimental to UKIP and incidentally it was also detrimental to Scottish Conservatives as well.

Both parties would have done better if FPTP was ditched. Maybe. FPTP has flattered the main parties and the SNP.

You have said
Which is praising STV. Here you praise it again.

I’m asking which voting system you support. Then if it turns out we have a GE and TBP does badly in it you can join with me in condemning FPTP.

You have double standards.

You didn't want the voting age lowered to 16 for the Scottish referendum as you felt it would favour Scottish Independence which you didn't want. You were in favour of it for the EU election as you thought it would swing the vote for the EU referendum.

You like FPTP if it means who you don't like, don't get represented. Yet praise the Scottish parliament for using STV as it's "progressive."

Double standards. Or which do you agree with? Which is your favoured voting system?

https://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/voting-systems/types-of-voting-system/single-transferable-vote/

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:22:22 Mobile | Show all posts
Scotland uses STV, Westminster uses FPTP. Just because I mentioned the former - and pointed out it encourages consensus politics and is progressive - doesn’t mean I advidly support it.

I have long stated my views on 16 year old voting has changed based on how well it worked in 2014.

Not sure what a GE has to do with IndyRef2?

A gentle observation, you seem to spend an awful lot of time trying to tell me what I think. That’s fine as long as you understand the context and get the latest position, which often you don’t. Why not ask me first? It would be much quicker than studying them like they are some great tome. Even better, why not try articulating your own views rather than being constrained by mine? We are all here to hear other people’s views, even if we don’t agree, not to be told (incorrectly) our own.  Be bold and imaginative and perhaps stop looking for a fight with everyone. But instead, what are the odds you’ll just mimic this post?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:22:23 Mobile | Show all posts
I have a huge list of your posts where you do support FPTP. Would you like them all? In fact when you first praised the Scottish system, my post after that was how I picked myself up off the floor.
Again I have a entire threads where you condemned for the Scottish Referendum and then switched for EU. I've got plenty of time. You want the lot?
Because you once again praised the Scottish voting system when it suited you.
You've spent a huge amounts of posts on here telling everyone what you think. It's your words. And you change them when it suits.

Because you don't reply.

I've asked you your view on the EU Army. As recently as November 2016 your view was we should have been in the EU to stop it. So I asked what your view of it was now. You never responded.

Now I've asked you another.

Study? Not worth it. Amuse, yes.
Pretty sure my views are on here too much.
You mean like dragging the monarchy into threads? Something else you changed your view on?
How about just saying what your view of the best electoral system is? No more diversion?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 00:22:23 Mobile | Show all posts
Can some one tell me please ! Will Nicola stop a 2nd Scottish reforendum to leave the UK if the UK has a 2nd referendum and remained in the EU . Indyref2 seems to be on the basis that the UK leaves the EU . Can't find anything that says this Non elected MP , leader of her party says otherwise.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:22:24 Mobile | Show all posts
Nicola Sturgeon is a directly elected MSP. The SNP have quite deliberately put their best people in Holyrood rather than Westminster and it has paid dividends. Either way, whatever you view of her politics, she has a clear democratic mandate.

As for IndyRef2, I suspect levels of support will be less if Brexit doesn't happen so it might be deferred if she doesn't think she can win. Polls currently suggest if there was a Scottish IndyRef2 tomorrow, remain in the UK would win. But that would change with no deal and/or Boris J as PM. Sturgeon will only go for IndyRef2 if she has a good chance of winning.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 00:22:25 Mobile | Show all posts
Clear? She is in charge of a minority government.
Who cares? If we can't leave the EU, why would Scotland leave the UK? Make them vote again, they didn't know what they were voting for, if you add up parties that didn't vote SNP, they really want remain and in a few years they will vote to rejoin.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部