The Hugh Muir CiF article he cited is even worse
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:31:02 Mobile | Show all posts
Comment is indeed free - and in this instance, worth every penny...

Edit: Just why are you two up at that time of night making coherent sentences?!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 00:31:02 Mobile | Show all posts
Its amazing how certain 'lefty' journalists in print and on the BBC are at great pains to explain that the Pakistani element had no bearing on the crimes- could have been anyone. And the reason hardly anyone was arrested and it went on for so many years had nothing to do with it being a 'ethnic' crime and Local authority workers chose not to get involved in case they were branded racist.

I was intimidated and branded a racist for bringing Rochdale abuse gang to justice, says prosecutor   | Mail Online

I was reading an article yesterday, by a reporter driving around Rotherham with a grown up victim and she could actually point out perpetrators who were still doing the same thing. very profitable.
She said when they were stopped by the Police these Pakistani man threatened the Policemen saying they would take their number and report them for racial harassment. The police quickly walked on....

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:31:02 Mobile | Show all posts
I've separated the two statements because, without wishing to get into a culture debate, I believe the first part is probably true - all kinds of people commit these crimes, not just Pakistanis... But I fully believe the second part, that nobody in authority wanted to rock that particular boat for fear of being branded racist (thanks for that, New Labour, great little bit of social engineering you did there) and ousted out of their cushy jobs...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:31:03 Mobile | Show all posts
I think fear of being branded racist is only part of the mix. I think a big element was corrupt political/community cliques wanting to bury it and protect their positions of power.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:31:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes the difference is that removing the racial element the police would have no problem taking gangs down, as we often see with internet pedophile gangs as well as loaners and priests/celebrities which the media usually portrays as exclusively white.  I think this is the point being missed, we don't see this on street grooming by white gangs for one of two reasons.

Culturally being a pedophile is shameful for indigenous Brits, hopefully regardless of skin colour for anyone that is integrated culturally we all effectively have to same core values, but more than 90% of this group are white statistically.  Due to the shame this is a loaner activity, with the exception of at arms length internet groups where no one really meets (I assume).
If the gang street grooming was something that happens in UK culture we should see it far more frequently due to demographics, there are simply more white people in the country, and we would have historical cases much like with loaner and celebrity pedophiles to reference.

The other cultural aspect is the prosecution, the police would feel no hesitation at bringing a gang of white british criminals involved in this activity, as per above.

Combine the two and you have the standard criminal case of motive(culture) and opportunity(no one stopping them).

The fact the actual criminals aren't being rounded up right now speaks of a cultural paralysis within our public services, where ass covering, book passing and keeping your job is of more importance than bringing criminals to justice, preventing them from continuing their harm and helping victims after the event.

I think this got so big, like any lie maintaining it becomes like an addiction overriding everything else.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:31:04 Mobile | Show all posts
This fear of being branded racist is a smoke screen to hide their incompetence. Are we to believe these people in authority knowingly allowed the abuse of children because they thought they would be called racist?
Is it to be believed, these people can tell an inquiry they had the reports of the grooming and rape of children, but made a conscious decision to allow it to continue because they thought allowing children to be raped was more acceptable than being called racist?
It would be laughable if the circumstances wasn't so tragic.

The same for the police, when have they ever had to fear an unjustifiable racism charge? A glance at the stop and search statistics would suggest otherwise.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:31:05 Mobile | Show all posts
Strange how many people in these positions and similar ones throughout the country not implicated in this are making their voice heard in the national media saying fear of being branded racist is a significant issue that would prevent them doing their job.

Maybe you're not of the demographic were racist is a slur that can be career damaging or even ending, especially in the public sector.  You must remember also that this and other cases that have been spoken about are in relatively poor areas and unemployment hot spots.  The jobs in question are both high paid for the area and finding work elsewhere locally difficult, especially if you are say a social worker with no experience of anything else, the self-imposed threat could and appears to be paralyzing.

This is not London where there are an abundance of jobs and relative anonymity, but small areas where people know each other and hear roamers of peoples past.  The fear of being called racist is very real, I suspect you've never faced that glare*

To categorically deny that an element of race was present in the lack of investigation, prosecution and follow up care stinks of an agenda.

As for stop and search a disproportionate amount of crime is committed by a particular demographic, if you were to stop and search some one would that be an aspect you'd look at, or would you have a check list of demographics and only once you've worked through them all you then go back to the top?

*The fear is self imposed by the establishment not minorities themselves, mainly a middle class middle management thing, as this is were the power is.  Like a reds under the beds, or a witch hunt, just on a must wider scale.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 00:31:05 Mobile | Show all posts
No, that is not what the reports have said.
Just the fact that this happened over so many years and a conservative estimate was 1400 children then that cannot be just incompetence.
Many of the white girls who are in their 20's now have actually stated that the Police were threatened with racism and walked away.

I wish it was just incompetence! That would be easy to solve!

By the way, it is still going on. Gangs are still operating and not just in Rotherham

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:31:07 Mobile | Show all posts
I still don't buy it. We now know these people were given plenty of evidence on the grooming and raping of children, and we are to believe the fear of being called racist prevented them from acting?
There must have been other factors at work here.

Am I being accused of having an agenda? I am as entitled to an opinion as anyone else. Talk of an agenda is just infantile.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部