Author: Cliff

Syria- Is it time we re-assessed who we support?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:34:38 Mobile | Show all posts
What surprise, Fallon" morally indefensible for Britain to rely on other countries to tackle the so called Islamic state", painfully boringly  and predictable, its like listening to Blair in all his pomp, a perverse tribute act.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I don't see Cameron as dad steptoe, more like the happless son, he has got that same far away look, in the eyes.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Russia is there because of the Qatar pipeline, Saudi/Qatar backed terrorists are there because Qatar pipeline, we are all there and interested because of the Qatar pipeline. It’s all about natural gas and control.

Religion and Ideology all danglies, the death of the west or incompatible Islam, there may be some elements loitering, that’s just exploited by whoever is leading the agenda, just to whip people up into to a frenzy that are acceptable to such propaganda methods, flagellants of whatever theology have always been used, sole aim to push narrative for control of resources, for those at the top.

Us British are pretty switched on regardless of our political colour, we might go around mulberry bush with a bit of historical cultural servility, though much less as time marches on, hopefully we are not going to let another PM, bump us into open conflict over resources and suppression of others, but by Jim, Cameron is desperate to do it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Apparently Cameron will make a case for war in Syria, " the full spectrum approach"; I like this, buzzy phrase, borrowed off full spectrum warrior, me thinks.   Anyway, this full spectrum approach to defeat terror will chase down those who finance terror, do you reckon comedy Dave.

PM: I will make case for strikes against IS in Syria - BBC News

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
FSB says it was likely a bomb. So I expect Putin will pile in Russian troops sooner rather than later. Rumours have it that Russian Special Forces are already in Syria. The ones who were absolutely brutal against Jihadists in the caucasus.

He just doesn't want to say Boots on the ground. Comedy Dave is unlikely to want to upset the Saudi's who the British Arms trade have been selling so many weapons to in the last several decades.

For all the hoopla over Corbyn in recent days, he's doing what the Opposition leader should do - oppose the PM and press him on the issues. He badly phrased his shoot to kill comments. Too often we've pressed for military action without debating the issues properly. All Cameron probably sees is a PR opportunity to look like a statesman on the purely political level.  

If we do go into Syria alongside other countries then it's essential that we have a political solution for Syrians, destroying ISIS won't remove the instability or the other foreign fighters who are not part of ISIS but other Jihadist groups. Which means we may have to accept Assad for the short term. Long term ? We have to confront Saudi Arabia and other Sunni Arab states over the funding of various extremist groups.

As for the snoopers charter ? I think it's pure political opportunism if they attempt to rush it through based on the Paris attack. As it is Anonymous appear to be doing more to tackle the ISIS cyber threat head on, than the intelligence services are.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 00:34:39 Mobile | Show all posts
I agree that the opposition leader should oppose but it should be with good reason (whether I agree or not) . For instance when Ed M opposed action and the vote was lost, I respected that. He had a real, thought out position on the events at the time.

The problem with Corbyn is that he falls back on a position that we should not take any action where people might get killed and we must look to a means to negotiate with Daesh. Are they willing to negotiate?  Why should they, they have income, outside support and have established a state. They have shown they can effectively attack Western countries. In their eyes they are expanding their influence and are successful. Those supporting the cause, as we are seeing in Paris, will fight to the death.

You may disagree, but I think Corbyn is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:34:39 Mobile | Show all posts
Shame, I hoped he was a fan of Captain Scarlet. SIG.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
"Jihadi Jez" needs to learn you aren't going to negotiate with an organisation that believes what they are doing comes direct from God.

He talks like he's in a philosophical discussion group when he's now supposed to be a leader, so lead. Come out with something and stand by it, whatever it is. Half the time he says something and it's so full of wishy-washy language I despair. He's been on the back benches since 1983, you'd think after 32 years in the job he'd have learned something about the media.

BoJo was on R5 last night and was asked about "shoot to kill". He said, it wasn't "shoot to kill" but "shoot to defend." He said a bit more but a perfect soundbite.

Or there's this from Keith Vaz,

"We live in dark and dangerous times and the shoot-to-kill policy is specifically, aimed at terrorists in a hostage situation, is the right policy given the emergency situation that members of the special services will find themself in," he said.

"It is the right thing to do in those circumstances and we have given that power to those responsible to make that decision."

If even he's coming out with better stuff then Labour is being damaged from within more than Thatcher could ever have done.

Corbyn, your first duty of government is to protect your own people. Explain how you plan to do that. I am impressed you nailed Abbot and lived, but get a grip.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
corbyn couldn't organize a fruit bowl...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
It's not like he has no experience with terrorism.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部