Author: ghrh

What will the £/Euro exchange rate be on Nov 1 2019

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:51:18 Mobile | Show all posts
I thought one of the points of Brexit was to help the British minimum wage workers who see a 2% fall in wages for every 10% increase in EU migrants? Those who lose up to £600 per year as a result would be pretty heavily impacted if their pound was worth considerably less as a result of us leaving because, when they do frivolous things like buy food in the supermarket, their money won’t go as far as prices will rise.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 00:51:19 Mobile | Show all posts
You said this...
It replied with that...it refers to your last comments; i.e. their trust fund. Pretty standard continuation in English.
Yes now you move the goal posts and continue with this...
Most peculiar...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:51:20 Mobile | Show all posts
I was being sarcastic, as most people on minimum wage and being priced out of buying homes by EU migrants (as many Leavers here argue) don’t actually have trust funds.  It’s more peculiar that you don’t realise that.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 00:51:20 Mobile | Show all posts
I was just ignoring your pointless negative dig at many leavers and looked for something positive to have a serious discussion about...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:51:21 Mobile | Show all posts
I wasn’t having a pointless negative dig, I was repeating the BOE findings often repeated by Leavers as justification for leaving the EU.  

As for a serious discussion, you assume that those at the bottom have trust funds to cash in, which is ridiculous.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 00:51:22 Mobile | Show all posts
Whoosh....Let's stop trying so hard and move on, it is just getting embarrassing.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:51:22 Mobile | Show all posts
I’ve got no issue if you misunderstood my posts.  I’ve explained them to you but you are clearly free to continue to with your viewpoint.

I’m glad you stand to make a lot of money from the pound tanking, it’s just that gloating over it whilst others clearly won’t isn’t a good look.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:51:23 Mobile | Show all posts
Only if you are buying imports.

One of the effects of a low pound is that migrants are less inclined to work here and then send money home.

They are paid in pound sterling and they convert to Euros etc. A strong pound favoured them. A weak pound now buys less Euros.

If you are paid in pounds and spend here, I don't see how you are affected. Inflation is at a lower rate than wages.

If the country is less attractive to migrants then fewer come here, housing and employment is eased.

Our exports and our tourism also benefits as exports are cheaper and the country is more attractive to people from outside the UK to holiday here. This helps the UK balance of payments.

You lose out if you go from the UK, work in the EU get paid in Euros and convert back to pounds.

Or you holiday where you pay for a coffee in Euros but were paid in pounds, or you buy imports such as the latest iPhone.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 00:51:24 Mobile | Show all posts
Yet a pound will remain a pound, that value doesn't change at all.

The OP asked who is optimistic and who isn't, I'm optimistic as like the OP I get paid in Euros. But you want to make that personal again and refer to it as gloating.  And at the same time I've been consistently highlighting and not for the first time that a pound remains a pound. I'm sorry but I don't do project fear or doom and gloom scenarios, I'm an optimist. If that is gloating in your eyes then so be it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:51:25 Mobile | Show all posts
Owen Jones Complained Strong Pound Destroyed Working Class Communities -

"In his breakout book ‘Chavs: The Demonization of the Working Class’ Jones argued that a strong pound was to blame “above all” else for the decimation of manufacturing in this country.

“But above all it was allowing the value of the pound to soar that did for industry, making its exports far more expensive than overseas competitors.”"

Having been against a strong pound he is now against a weak one.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部