12345Next
Back New
View: 1035|Reply: 40

I Have Some Muslim Friends, Not Like Other Muslims, Thats Why They are My Friends....

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:11:25 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Now Imagine if a visiting dignitary had really said that.

We have seen outrage at the visit of Trump by all sides of the political spectrum but mainly from the likes of Sadiq Khan and Jeremy Corbyn. Blimps made and flown and thousands of protesters.

So why has there been silence over the visit of the notorious Jew hater and (former?)Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad of Malaysia, who was speaking at Cambridge?

He has previously claimed on the BBC that "Jews are hooked nosed"

In his 1970 book “The Malay Dilemma,” Mahathir wrote that “the Jews are not merely hook-nosed, but understand money instinctively,” relying on two famous anti-Semitic stereotypes that were used by Nazi Germany to dehumanize Jews.

He also has said " In a 2003 speech before assembled leaders of Muslim-majority nations at the Organization of the Islamic Conference summit in Kuala Lumpur, he called for “1.3 billion Muslims” to unite to “counterattack” against the “few million Jews” who had defeated them. He also suggested Jews sought to “wipe out” all the world’s Muslims, and used the Holocaust as an example Muslims could emulate.

1.3 billion Muslims cannot be defeated by a few million Jews,” he said in the speech. “There must be a way. And we can only find a way if we stop to think, to assess our weaknesses and our strength, to plan, to strategize and then to counterattack. We are actually very strong. 1.3 billion people cannot be simply wiped out.”

He has also said, “I am glad to be labeled anti-Semitic […] How can I be otherwise, when the Jews who so often talk of the horrors they suffered during the Holocaust show the same Nazi cruelty and hardheartedness towards not just their enemies but even towards their allies should any try to stop the senseless killing of their Palestinian enemies.”

So in the last few days he has appeared at Cambridge and again he was asked about his vile stance on Jews. To which he replied "I had some Jewish friends, very good friends, they are not like the other Jews that´s why they are my friends", a statement which was received with a great deal of laughter.

As my heading said, imagine if you replace the word Jews, with the word Muslim, Christian, Black, Gay?

I see a great deal of protest on the these pages when it comes to Trump or Hopkins or Tommy Robinson and out on the streets too and from high profile political leaders like Corbyn and Sadiq khan.

But clearly its all fine and dandy when it comes to Jews.

In the very recent past talk like this, which is becoming normalized, from influential people have resulted in mass murder, are we really still stuck in that mindset?

It seems the world hasnt had their fill of dead Jews, just yet…..

Hitler, were he still alive today would be very happy with what he would see...

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 01:11:26 Mobile | Show all posts
The key difference here, isn't the target of the comments, but the difference between who said them.  It comes down to expectations.  

Malaysia has never acknowledged Israel and has no diplomatic relations with them.  From that starting point, the PM's comments are unacceptable but not surprising.  

Trump, and America are supposed to represent a paragon of freedom and liberty.  For an American leader to express overt racism or sexism which is wholly incompatible with a constitution describing how all people are created equal, and with a strong history of accepting immigrants, Trump often presents a sharp shocking contradiction with that country's very identity and so is far more surprising, and newsworthy.   

It also goes against most people's naive but commonly held belief that society always progresses.  That civil liberties increase, that social attitudes relax, that hate crime and ignorance decrease over time.  So when an American leader works to regress its society, its a far bigger deal than a racist country that's always been racist and for which we don't really expect better.

It's the same reason Saudi and China cannot be held to the same standard as the US when it comes to human rights.  They still need encouragement to move forward, whether they are or not is open to debate.  When a country, especially a super power and one with the largest global cultural reach like the US takes a step backwards, that IS a bigger deal.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 01:11:27 Mobile | Show all posts
What has this got to do with his Jew hatred??

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 01:11:28 Mobile | Show all posts
The point of your post was to start a discussion on why some people get a pass and others don't when saying racist stuff.  

I addressed the difference between Mahathir Mohamad and Trump.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 01:11:28 Mobile | Show all posts
My point is very much to do with why someone who holds Jew hating views which is going to cause offence and possibly lead to hate crimes is allowed in this country and on top of that i hear no opposition from people who are so vocal normally.

This is to do with zero opposition from people who are apparently against Jew hate.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 01:11:29 Mobile | Show all posts
The UK is never going to bar a foreign head of state no matter how much of a racist dick they are.  Same reason Twitter will never ban Trump.  Power trumps integrity every time in politics.

In terms of why you're not hearing vocal opposition, my original reply explains that.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:11:30 Mobile | Show all posts
Not with me, and I doubt with most here.

If there's mostly silence over somebody because hardly anyone's heard of them, well that's not because they think their particular prejudice is not as bad as other prejudices. Clearly public prominence is a factor in the strength of the outrage (in addition to the expectations, as mentioned earlier).

EDIT ... as you've probably noticed I recognise canards pretty easily, and also call out the usual suspects with their anti-globalist/NWO bullsh*t, which is code, whether they know it or not

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:11:31 Mobile | Show all posts
Agreed, I had no idea who this person was, that he was in this country or what he was doing here.
He sounds like a racist cock moppet, but tbh if he was at Cambridge for a talk or what ever, I seriously doubt the burgundy doc martin brigade had any clue about him either and were rather unlikely to use his appearance as legitamisation of their ignorant, vulgar and violent stupity ... unless people make a big deal about it and Striesand the whole thing.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 01:11:32 Mobile | Show all posts
The UK has banned plenty of racists even up until recently and none of them were well known or leaders of a country. They deemed them, as Theresa May said about Robert Spencer “believed their speech would not be ‘conducive to the common good.”

They banned Brittany Pettibone and her boyfriend, Martin Sellner and Lauren Southern who are anti Muslim. In a statement about the activists, a Home Office spokesperson said: "Border Force has the power to refuse entry to an individual if it is considered that his or her presence in the UK is not conducive to the public good."

They have also banned Islamic hate preachers like Zakir Naik...

Corbyn has invited hate preachers to the UK, to parliament, had shared stages with them and has claimed that he fought AS all his life...

This is about principles...

I really dont think any of you get this....

What level of hate qualifies?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:11:33 Mobile | Show all posts
So does the fault lie with the British Government’s principles, as they allowed him into the country, Cambridge Debating Society as they invited him, or those who attended and laughed at his talk?

Use magic Report

12345Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部