EU vote - Do you regret your decision?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:02:30 Mobile | Show all posts
Ah, you mean 'some' people.
I totally agree that their are a number of 'social justice warrior[1]'ish types and those simply with bad attitudes that couldn't spot hypocrisy if it hit them in the face with a brick.

However, there is a difference between generalisation supported by empirical evidence and generalisation based upon assumption.
Equally there is a difference between generalised comments being used to discuss a demographic and generalised comments being used to target, discuss or forming the basis of how any individual is treated.

In simple terms, it is okay to discuss or argue points about a group or demographic as long as:

- it is supported by facts.
- it accurately and clearly describes the proportion of the demographic it is related to (ie some, all, most, a minority or a majority as applicable).
- it is not targeted at individuals nor intentionally prejudice others.

[1] referring to the specific group of professional victim defenders who have 'trigger words' and 'safe spaces' rather than and most definitely distinct from people who simply campaign for social justice.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
UK motor industry's record turnover of £71.6bn faces Brexit threat

The record turnover by vehicle manufacturers was an increase of 7.3 per cent on 2014, taking the additional value generated for the UK economy to £18.9bn - a 3.8 per cent increase on the year before.

Much of the growth, the SMMT said, has been aided by the UK's access to the single market.

But instead of celebrating the record-breaking results the release was met with fear, as experts warn that Brexit could have an enormous toll on the booming car industry.

Mike Hawes, chief executive at the industry representative, said the sustainability of the automotive industry is of 'acute concern' and that the EU is the 'single most important relationship that we have as an industry'.

He said: 'This success has been due to unrestricted access to the single market, input to EU legislation to safeguard the interests of UK Automotive, and the ability to recruit talent from abroad.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I think we get it . Access to the single market is not something we want to give up

Use magic Report

Well I hope all people realise this as Voting out of the EU, 52% of people didn't

The message has to spread to the whole of the country now

I can see a general election coming with these options presented to people, and some economic knowledge for people to know, will reflect on who they vote for

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:02:32 Mobile | Show all posts
Immigration. There Ive said it. It was not the only factor though.  Me personally, once again, will feel let down by the powers that be if there is no gain on immigration to this country.
Only time will tell if we keep a freedom of movement or not.
I am 48 now and voted out. I have been lucky and have worked all my life.

Manufacturing that I work in pays me at present £12  an hour. In Poland now there is a brand new factory paying £2  an hour. Same work. There is no way we can compete. Now this was before the vote so even being part of the EU. I honestly think the company I work for will use the vote as the excuse to shut us. Even if they had it on the horizon anyway.

I am not much in life but I am honest. I work with and have friends of all different nationalities. Does this have a bearing on my daily working life. No. It makes no difference to me. In fact it has enriched it as I  have found out about different cultures/backgrounds. Its not about race in my view its about numbers.

There are only so many resources that can go round. We are getting a larger population by whatever means. The people in power dont really care. Its all about greed not giving back and putting money into infrastructure. Drs, dentists, nhs,police, fire, front line services all getting cuts whilst we increase our population.

I might be dead next year and the easiest thing for me to do was vote remain. As my life is really quite good. I cannot complain. But I voted as I "think" was right for the future of this country. Not myself personally.

I understand people feel differently but it is just what I have witnessed over the last few years.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
If you mean what I think you mean, I'm incredulous

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
On this particular forum everyone knew the pros and cons of remaining and leaving. It was discussed in detail before the vote. And I would say posters here are more informed than the average man on the street.

We know that all the Japanese car plants were established in the UK so they could export to the whole of the EU- to beat import tariffs. We know that banks will be affected because the city is in the EU and trades world wide.  We know that many businesses like Vodafone, Easyjet and others will have to change their business model.

This was all known and discussed here- but look at Stuarts poll..... On balance, in spite of all the opinion polls, the BBC, the big companies, the luvvies that wanted to remain, the false promises and threats that were easy to see through, on this forum it was a firm leave.

So you are not telling us anything new, and even if you were, its too late.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:02:33 Mobile | Show all posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Absolutely Cliff.

I'm 55 and voted to leave. I read opinions here, as well as elsewhere. I watched some tv. I completed questionnaires. Everything pointed me towards voting to leave, as I believe it will be best for our country in the long term.

I especially liked the Mikhael Gorbachev quote, “The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”

Now there is someone who should know, and does anyone want that?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Firm leave, yes I see. It doesn't make sense though, why inflict all the pain that will come with it?

Use magic Report

No,l but neither do I want the country run by ultra-rich, unaccountable oligarchs so I don't think taking advice from the man the kick started a process which resulted in one of the largest wealth transfers from poor to rich in history to be a particularly good idea.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部