Author: The Dark Horse

EU vote - Do you regret your decision?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:01:54 Mobile | Show all posts
Way to pigeon hole the young 'remain' voters. I guess the leave lot are ok though?
What about the old remain voters, did they also know rationing, luftwaffe and panzer tanks, or is it just incontinence pants for them?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:01:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Here is why. We need access to the single market without trade barriers or restrictions. We have been trading for 40 years like this

That requirement is non negotiable for England it has to happen life or death for the economy to survive

Trade barriers are put in place the day after England leaves the EU

So what is the trade barrier. Every car made in the midlands costs 10% more now. An organisation is not going to meet that extra cost when it can move its operations into Europe without the cost, so factories will move and people will be unemployed

So that's manufacturing what about service industry that operate from London?

They can't sell into europe without a permission into the market. So they need access to the single market. Without it they simply can't do business so they stop trading the day after we leave the EU and these people instead of sitting at their desks twiddling their fingers, are also unemployed now

With the loss of companies and people earning taxes, the government in turn has less income coming in. How does it pay for itself? It owns loads of money at the moment so it's going to have to borrow more or raise taxes. Raising taxes means people still employed have less money to spend now. Borrowing more is not an option as eventually the interest rate payments become so much,it can't survive. Does the government go bankrupt like Greece, yes the chance is there for large borrowers

Because England doesn't have access to the single market, the day after it comes out of Europe, means firms no longer want to invest in England. They don't want to create new factories or service industry because they have to pay more to the Europe market so they'll choose to locate in Europe which is the larger market instead

This in turn means less money coming into the government

The EU currently has about 50 trade agreements with other countries that England is going to have to replicate in some way. Effectively trade agreements have been outsourced to the EU experts in this area for 10 billion a year, which is a good deal

The argument was we can set up trade deals of our own. Isn't 50 different countries enough with more to come?

So, leave campaigners are now saying we can keep access to the single market by negotiating with the EU. Well look at the success Cameron has had over the years and from news stories today, the EU are not that open for negotiations here

How about the Norway model then. They can access the single market but must allow free movement of EU citizens

So, a new prime minister will come in, the main parties of Tories, labour and liberal who currently realise the EU deal is amazing for us, will realise that a new election is required because we have to tell people in order to avoid crashing the economy indefinitely, we have to allow EU citizens free movement into England which is against what 52% of the country has voted for

UKIP however will promise the electorate what the leave campaign said,  stop immigration and leave the EU

So all the people who are overjoyed that they have their England back and Independence Day, will vote ukip, and make them the major ruling power

Hence England's economy will be on the rocks, unemployment will soar, racial hatred will increase, EU subsides to poor areas stop, subsidies to scientists form the EU stops, new universities built by EU money will stop. The government can't step in and replace this money as it owes too much money itself. Trade barriers are in place with Europe and London stops trading, manufacturing declines

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:01:55 Mobile | Show all posts
I've been trying to tame this lot here, almost got to the stage where they don't try biting everyone who admits to voting remain. You've just set my task back days, possibly weeks, maybe years. I guess I'll have to take the short term hit.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:01:56 Mobile | Show all posts
Well z45544676545444.

What trade deals do we currently have with the usa? China? India? Japan?

Are you saying we can't trade with those countries?

So why is it imperative we have a trade deal with the eu? Trade would not stop.

And that's without the consideration that they sell more to us than we sell them and would lose more in absolute terms.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:01:57 Mobile | Show all posts
Why would you locate a factory or service in England when it's going to cost you 10% more when we leave the EU than if that factory or service was in Europe directly with Europe been the larger market. How is England selling itself for investment when it had trade barriers in place to the large European market?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:01:58 Mobile | Show all posts
I would like to think or at least I hope that the idea of 'hating old people' in this regard is purely hyperbole and meant in a generic sense rather than on an individual basis.

I have used similar hyperbole while discussing the referendum with my mum who is in her 70's and she knows full well I don't mean her nor all old people.
It is just a simple fact that those over 65 represented the greatest percentage of Leave voters compared to any other age demographic and by some margin.
The under 50's voted as a majority to stay, the over 50's voted as a majority to leave.
If you are one of those people that voted to remain and are upset, angered, disappointed or worried about the future because of the results of the referendum, it is not strange to expect a release of emotions aimed generically at those seen as most responsible for wanting to leave.
It is especially significant that the the age demographics of those most wanting to leave and those most wanting to stay are also those with the least and the most years to live respectively with the consequences.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:01:59 Mobile | Show all posts
They're also the two groups with the least/most amount of life experience and therefore capability to understand the consequences.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:02:00 Mobile | Show all posts
Did they all ?

With all due respect to those that fought and gave their lives, many people didn't.
Some old age pensioners who are alive today may well have made sacrifices and fought for the ideals of 'freedom', but I am not convinced that all or even most have or should have claim to being specially regarded more than any other citizen of this nation simply because they happened to be born at a certain time in history.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:02:01 Mobile | Show all posts
I'd tend to think that when it comes to understanding the complexities and nuances of international politics, trade and finances, age and life experience has little or nothing to do with it with regards to most human beings

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:02:02 Mobile | Show all posts
Would you buy a mortgage from an 18yr old advisor?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部