Author: IronGiant

June the 8th General Election, who will you vote for?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:04:49 Mobile | Show all posts
Arron Banks is going up against Douglas Carswell for Clacton
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
A Lib Dem led coalition would likely reverse Brexit. But there's an incredibly small chance of that happening.

About the best outcome Remain voters can hope for is that the Tories lose more seats to the Lib Dems than they gain from Labour, resulting in no overall majority. Another Tory/Lib Dem coalition would likely see us leave the EU while retaining access to the single market (even if that involves accepting freedom of movement).

The Lib Dems will be fighting hard in pro-remain Tory seats while praying that Labour can hold in Labour/Tory marginals.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Oh God.... she's only pulled this to maximise the conservative majority in government, the one thing WORST then no Brexit! Yay for a government who would have us working till we literally drop dead and then throw us on a bonfire, because their austerity sacked all the coroners and paramedics..

So long as the rich and corporations get richer it's all fine!

Yet another sign of why there is no more democracy...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:04:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Which is a damning assessment on the current state of the Lib Dem party, who were in Govt not so long ago.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Certainly no offence intended
I think we are pretty aligned in our thoughts although the way the world is politically we could do with strong leadership that all parties seem to lack.
Although a very clever move from Theresa May it flies in the face of a conservative coalition agreement.
We are being asked to vote yet again without having a clue as far as Brexit of what we are actually voting for.
To negotiate a deal without having to come back to Parliament or the electorate is a trust too far especially if existing agreements can be so easily broken.
Of course a wounded animal (Labour) is easy prey
We need to see the conservative manifesto first before jumping to conclusions.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I was being serious mr Sonic sir, why did you mark my post as funny? I mean that has been the MO of the Conservative party over the last few years right?

Let alone their stupid obsessive intent to build more houses everywhere to make more tax, whilst heavily cutting back on all council services and emergency services in all areas. The official Fire Brigade union recently stated its now fact Conservative cutbacks have cost lives! Oh yeah, it'll be wonderful with them having even more power...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Or, according to polls, most of the electorate are backing May and not the other leaders and an election might mean Parliament reflects the electorate opinion.

It's not the Conservatives fault if the opposition are hopeless. Labour's leader has won two leadership campaigns. The Liberals have choosen to be pro EU. If these parties want to be out of step with most voters that's their problem and if the Conservatives are elected that is democracy. Labour etc can vote against another general election tomorrow. Weren't we told how important parliament was?

If the Conservatives win it will be down to the electorate and democracy. Or are you getting your "tyranny of the majority" line in early?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Because it's a funny stance to take. If the Conservatives win a general election it wouldn't be democracy?

Sorry but that is democracy. You personally might not like it. You can't please everyone.

Liberals line is to overturn a democratic referendum.

Labour want to elect someone who wants to ban the bomb, is pals with terrorists and a 70s throwback.

If either had any power we would be finished.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:04:51 Mobile | Show all posts
It's not a funny stance to take at all! And I do believe May DOES HAVE A CHOICE about calling an election in the next 2 months or not!
The Conservatives have never done what the electorate wanted, I'm fairly certain we didn't want to pay for their private tennis courts and duck ponds! Just as I'm pretty sure we didn't ask them to cut back and cut back and cut back and cut back and cut back and cut back..

Now it's a rare sight to see a Police officer and good luck with the Fire Service getting to you on time, oh but it's fine if your out to sea... oh wait they cut back on the Coast Guard too along with buying American helicopters, or what about billions given to other country's and being spent on a train set, whilst cutting back and back and back... all done by the Conservative party.

At least my power from a French owned nuclear power station paid for and built by the Chinese on British soil will keep the telly powered for the entertainment to come....

You have a problem with Labour or the Lib Dems having lots of power, but you have no problem with the Conservatives having it all...?

Oh, and unlike a simple referendum, please do try and explain just exactly WHEN the government was voted in power by the 'majority' under the UK voting system.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 03:04:51 Mobile | Show all posts
There is one person who I am deeply worried about. In the ensuing weeks, one person is going to take the brunt of political abuse and stress, and receive precious little in the ways of thanks.

In fact I am reasonably sure that by June 9th, Iron Giant will be either on prozac or in therapy.

Still, we get to do lots more arguing.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部