Author: Sonic67

Shooting at Parliament

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 03:12:32 Mobile | Show all posts
Ok, Threads like this can get messy and polluted  with emotion.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:12:32 Mobile | Show all posts
Didn't realise The Donald Jr. was a member here ...
Donald Trump Jr. on Twitter

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 03:12:32 Mobile | Show all posts
It's now five dead.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:12:33 Mobile | Show all posts
I think I know the point being made here about we should accept the risks and in the context it's made with foreign policy parallels. Most intelligent people can see what point is being made. It's a point often made by fanatics like choudhary and frankly it should be shot down very firmly and strongly by British citizens, especially today!

Reasonable minded people may not do what you say, but you can't debate the wider issue and say that we should accept the risks or that our government should be correct to bear this risk in mind when making elected policy decisions, or indeed accept that risk too.

Do you think anyone in parliament is going to have a debate to ask the question if they didn't make elected policy decisions they could have prevented today, as a matter of debate. This is unbelievable.

If you do this accepting risk, you give support to fanatics, you don't believe in democracy.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
OK, it's pointless to debate with you anymore when you keep coming away with ridiculous insinuations like this so with the greatest of respect you go on reading into others comments whatever you choose to and I'll continue to take them at face value.

Again, this goes without saying but having posted in the thread I will leave a final comment that my heart absolutely goes out to the victims and people affected by what happened today. There is no excuse for it. It is a very sad day for humanity and I hope we can all try and somehow help to make the world a safer place for everyone.

Use magic Report

Exactly . I heard one person tonight demanding to know "when are all the muslims  going to march  in London for peace etc " ? Well its not a Muslim Problem, so why should they. That man today wasnt swerving along the bridge trying not to hit Muslim "brothers" etc .

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:12:34 Mobile | Show all posts
No I'm quite happy to debate this if you want to...

If you believe in democracy and ability to vote, and you then do so and you respect the outcome and the subsequent decisions of the government for better or worse, you cannot frankly say that a government should accept the risks of others injuring its citizens (or its own citizens doing it to other citizens) for the decisions that the elected democratic government makes, on your authority and mine and everyone elses majority mandate. To do so is not to believe in a democratic process.

People like choudharys position was this and serving to say it's our governments fault for someone killing someone else. It's frankly ridiculous and offensive thing to say, and it's said to play into hands of fanatics who would do us harm. Where does personal responsibility of these fanatics come into it, and dealing with it 100 percent as their crime under the rule of law.

It doesn't mean you can't not agree with what a government does eg on foreign policy.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Ok I think I now see why you're getting so irate. You're talking about attacks specifically by British citizens.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
It is a Muslim issue that needs support from moderate minded muslims and moderate minded people of other faiths and non religions, because it's a small minority of Muslim fanatics. Moderate muslims have a huge role to play on challenging beliefs not only of other moderates but these fanatics. I was watching a video of that nutter who was imprisoned and a number of apparently moderate muslims, off the street and not seemingly known to him, were surrounding him and agreeing with his views that it's ok to blow people up because of blairs foreign policy decisions. Beliefs don't go into moderate and full on fanatic and there is middle ground that needs challenging to stop it building into something worse.
The risk that comes from terrorism in the uk is mainly one involving muslims, and the quicker that's realised the better an honest debate can be had.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Don't understand. Attacks by our elected government forces on others ?

And people wonder why we have a problem with views of people in this way.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部