Author: Cliff

The Difficult Conversation has to start.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:18:19 Mobile | Show all posts
I want to know what is illegal

Is it illegal to wave an ISIS flag in Regents park where as its been tolerated before because we have been a tolerant society?

Is that illegal now? Is it illegal to support ISIS in this country? What about watching ISIS videos is that illegal?

So those 6 chaps in the Jihadis on your doorstep documentary who were parading around in Regents Park last year, showing the ISIS flag, in clear sympathy of the organisation were tolerated in 2015, but what about now?

Have they broken the law so can be arrested now or do we just have to watch them until they go on a rampage? Can they be deported to Syria? Can we pay for a plane ticket and ship them out or do they have human rights and things like that?

Theresa May should go on television right now, just as they do with party political broadcasts and make it clear to the country that supporting ISIS in these ways, in this country is illegal or legal?

Been clear on the situation would make it clear to the people living in the UK what they can and cannot do whilst living in the country then if someone sees a black flag flying in the window, then these people should be arrested, and locked up for a period of 6 or 12 months somewhere

I want Theresa May to make it clear to the country via a TV broadcast what is legal and what is not legal in Britain regarding this subject. I want her to do it right now
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:18:20 Mobile | Show all posts
You might have to wait until after Thursday, she can't just independently change major aspects of the laws on freedom of speech overnight.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:18:21 Mobile | Show all posts
Which is no different from unarmed police being attacked and everyone having to wait for an armed Copper to arrive. In the Westminster Terrorist incident a single armed policeman stopped the terrorist after he had killed an unarmed policeman - had that first policeman been armed he may well be alive today.

How do you know how large the next group of terrorists is going to be?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:18:22 Mobile | Show all posts
Agree, just watched Mays speech in Slough , the tone has changed somewhat ( about time ) for the better , we will make our own laws to combat this extremism. If this means civil rights and human rights have to change . So be it .

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:18:23 Mobile | Show all posts
Deporting people really won't work. You firstly simply shift the problem. Secondly, how do you get said deportation target to take in these confirmed threats? If the commit an act of terror in that country does that not matter? How do you circumvent human rights law? Do you abolish it for suspected jihadis and risk further alienation and potential for increased radicalisation?

It's a complete and utter redundant point to suggest deportation is some magic bullet. These people want to cause harm in the West, they will find a way back in to the country. It's inevitable, unfortunately. Borders however Trumpist you want to go are simply porous, you might delay them but you won't stop it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:18:24 Mobile | Show all posts
There's bombings and killings and no direct talk to the country, its always its an outrage that the politicians say and they move on

Look at the Bataclan killings in Paris, 90 people were executed by ISIS they told them all to lay on the ground and then went up to each and shot them in the back of the head. What happens, 3 months pass and life goes on as normal, and then another killing happens

A nurse was killed on Saturday, she was trying to help the people run over by the van, but the 3 ISIS guys probably stabbed her to death when she was trying to help

And ISIS have admitted to doing it. If that doesn't make them an illegal organisation, I don't know what does

Theresa May has had plenty of time to talk the country and she has to do it now or on Thursday to make it clear what people can and cannot do whilst in the UK

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:18:25 Mobile | Show all posts
Apart from the terrorists won't have a rifle.
8 minutes.
Exactly. It was an armed policeman doing it after the terrorist had knifed the unarmed policeman. Someone on the scene afterwards.
How? He would not have known what happened a few seconds ago. The attack was a total surprise to him. Had he been armed he would have been killed and his weapon taken. Weapons aren't carried cocked and ready.

Again. On the police firearms course they do get attacked by a guy from 10m away with a rubber knife. A lot of the time there isn't sufficient time to take their weapon, cock it, take the safety off and aim and fire on the attacker. This is against an attack they know is coming.
I know how long it takes to unsling a weapon, make it ready, take off the safety and aim it. If someone was closer than ten metres and running at me I wouldn't bother with the weapon. I'd rather boot him.

If it was a car, a mob, whatever, I'd probably have no chance. For someone else, armed, the surprise is gone and they can react and fire at the attacker.

Aside from that the police don't want to be routinely armed. It causes a disconnect with the public. 99% of the time they aren't dealing with terrorists.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:18:25 Mobile | Show all posts
Apparently she will rip up 'some' Human Rights laws 'If' they stop us stopping terrorism...

PM: I'll rip up human rights laws to stop terror

This is of course after the tories claimed they couldn't leave it due to having a slim majority:

Theresa May is preparing to abandon plans for a British Bill of Rights, sources suggest

So yeah.. I'll believe it when I see it...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:18:26 Mobile | Show all posts
She should be concentrating on how the Border operates (clue: Not very well), what resources are required to get it up to scratch rather than use Terrorism as a pretext for getting rid of Human Rights laws she's long disliked. Opportunistic and likely won't keep us safe and plays into the hands of Terrorists. They want to erode our civil liberties and Human Rights through giving them up for "Security". She's playing straight into their hands and they'll be laughing at us.

I think this shows that May does not understand the true nature of the threat, sure we might need to tweak deportation rules and possibly negotiate extradition treaties where required to speed the process up. But on balance we've probably got most anti terror laws right. It's a matter of applying the anti terror laws with adequate resources to do so. I think it says it all that May's version of Control Orders have only been used once since 2015.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:18:27 Mobile | Show all posts
Border with British and European born terrorists? how would that work?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部