Author: Enki

House of Saud?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:27:13 Mobile | Show all posts
Dont think USA is important compared to countries in the EU. America, they prepare for freedom of navigation in pacific,  Navy war practice against China! Us with the extravagant treatment Uncle Xi the Communist is receiving from the Conservative government ( makes me chuckle every time), don't see the USA being much of a special friend these days. Personally never swollowed the special relationship nonsense.
On a scale if I was to compare only Saudi or USA, I would choose the latter, its silly really trying to compare or bring up the comparison because that's where amorality leads you!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 03:27:14 Mobile | Show all posts
Realistically there's no morality in capital punishment as far as I'm concerned.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 03:27:15 Mobile | Show all posts
Saudi relationship with UK 'at risk', warns ambassador - BBC News

Not exactly a thinly veiled threat from them. Im all for cultural awarness and local customs but im pretty sure we shouldn't be dealing with state sanctioned beheadings, cruciifixtions and stonings.

I didn't get to see it properly yesterday but there was something on the front of one of the papers saying the house of saud maybe in serious trouble and could be broke within five years. I wonder what the west reaction would be if there was an over throw of the Royal family there or if it did collapse?

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 03:27:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Hey, there is plenty of oil around now and the US will export if the price  is right (that is what brought it down in the first place).
New gas discoveries as well, even Egypt has found a large gas field.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:27:17 Mobile | Show all posts
Theres a massive gas field just off of the Gaza strip that quite a few countries are claming to have a stake in, wonder if its the same one the Eqyptians are interested in?. Funny thing Israel changed the terrirtorial rights of the Palestininas so they couldn't get a claim on this.

Speaking of Eqypt were giving another Royal reception to another mass murder when there new president comes  to the Uk in a few weeks.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 03:27:18 Mobile | Show all posts
Might be hard to stomach sometimes but we have to look at some hard facts about the Saudi Royal family and if you don't like them,  the alternative.....
Yes, Saudi contracts support many many jobs in the UK, especially in defence industry. Also many support jobs in the country. Oil can never be ignored and the price is cheap and steady and secure from Saudi. Another bonus.

Now to those who want the Royal family to fall, what are you expecting as its replacement? Any chance you are dreaming along the lines of a cosy western type democracy? Well how is that going to happen? Just look at Iraq next door. Look at Syria two doors down. And Libya over the Med.
Anyone still dreaming?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:27:19 Mobile | Show all posts
Really is like doing a deal with the Devil. The oil side of things with the US flooding the market with the cheap shale stuff then we might not have to rely on them that much longer.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:27:20 Mobile | Show all posts
Many here think it's bollocks, from when I mentioned it before, but the Saudi establishment is undoubtedly bankrolling IS imo. Mutual Wahabist protection. Doesn't matter what the public statements are, they both lie all the time. They are in league. Western govts and intelligence services know/suspect this, and it's one huge sh*t sandwich. They've never been scared to openly accuse a poorer nation like Pakistan, but with the Saudis nobody wants to go there.

Great article earlier this year from veteran correspondent Robert Fisk ...
Robert Fisk: If Saudis aren't fuelling militant inferno, who is?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:27:21 Mobile | Show all posts
The problem is we lazily refer to the Saudis as one. Do all British people agree with closer ties with China? The country in question has a government, and they are not supporting IS.(IMHO)
There are many others, within, who probably are.

Interestingly, today, it was reported Wiki leaks confirmed the US supported IS in the early days.;

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:27:23 Mobile | Show all posts
They are supporting IS to fight a proxy war against Shia Islam/Iran. Saudi Arabia would turn a blind eye to Israeli fighter jets flying through their air space if they were on the way to attack Iranian nuclear sites (I think it's far too late to go bombing those sites, Iran is probably closer to a nuclear weapon than our intelligence agencies are willing to admit). You also have to remember that the founder of the House of modern Saudi Arabia, turned on the fanatical tribes that had supported his cause when they became a problem for his ambition to be an absolute Monarch.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部