Back New
Author: Stuart Wright

Has anyone got any experience of thermodynamic solar panels?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:56:07 Mobile | Show all posts
Do not buy an Energie thermodynamic system if you like in the UK. I did and have had lots of problems. I was missold the right system and since that company went bust, I have no easily accessible support available. There is also no RHI and i dont think there ever will be. My last maintenance visit to put right a bid initial install cost £2100 (inc the survey) from a one man band company based in Essex. I have no choice now but the bin it and start again with a gas based hot water solution - i would not wish this system on my worst enemy
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:56:08 Mobile | Show all posts
i have to agree with simoni above. we moved into a house a couple of years ago which had an Energie thermodynamic system already fitted. it has never produced enough hot water. we have been using it as an immersion tank, running the electricity to heat the water rather than relying on the panel which in no way heats the water to anywhere near hot. we are starting the process to get rid of the thermodynamic system and re-plumb back to a combo gas boiler. i just see no point in spending good money after bad.

when i have tried to find installers/service people to come and look at our system i have unfortunately been met with indifference and far too few qualified people with knowledge of these systems. in my view this market is flooded with cowboys and frankly lies at the savings which can(not0 be made.

i would have no reservation in telling people not to waste their money investing in this companies products. i would have been thoroughly disappointed if id spent the £5,000  this system cost the previous home owners.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:56:09 Mobile | Show all posts
dibs63 - you are sport on with how i feel.

Trying to find anyone to support/fix the energie sThermodynamic system for a sensible price is impossible. I had a guy called Alan from Avb solar fix my system - ripped off for £300 just for a report that took him 1hr and then he charged £2k to put issues right - i had only had the system installed for 8 months from new and the company i bought from had gone bust !! ABV has now dissolved as well and Allen started another. company. Its all too easy to do and avoid bad reviews. Allen got very aggressive as well - his companies are based in Harlow CM18 6QJ.

its a mirky world out there. Energie is a company not to go near.

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部