Owl Intuition PV

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:58:49 Mobile | Show all posts
Spook ville
I have Owlintuition that I can access via the full site on line or a basic site via an app.
Some issues with it when I started but to be fair that was down to the installer and not the tool itself.
It needs 2 free ports to make it work and this was a bit of a bind and took some juggling on the day.
The tool itself works just fine, I can see when I'm peaking and when I'm exporting...to be fair I'm of the opinion that the novelty of looking at it will wear off in a few weeks and so long as it's doing what it should in the background then I'm not sure what a more expensive system would do for me.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 03:58:49 Mobile | Show all posts
thanks for the reply, when you say ports do you mean network ports on the router or switch?
also where does the owl connect to things? Thinking about the logistics, probably something in the loft for the panels, then something other side of the meter which is downstairs under the stairs abut my internet connection is back upstairs in back bedroom. could be a juggle!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:58:50 Mobile | Show all posts
2 on the router.
1 gizmo talks to the box mounted next to the fuse board and the other is the sender that broadcasts the data so you can access it.
Both the bits of kit are very small and sit under the TV stand.
Oh they need a single plug socket too.
There are no cables run between locations it all wifi.

The small unit next to the fuse board is battery powered by 3 AAS,  the plug is for the broadcast unit under the TV.
Maybe one day they will lump it all in one box but for now it's 2 ports, 1 plug socket and 3xAAs.

Just one other thing... the sender and receiver units don't like being plugged into anything other than the router. I dont know if that's just Virgin broadband but was an issue for me.
With all that said....it all works now and is all tucked away under the TV stand.

Use magic Report

ok so potentially the gizmos that connect to router I can place in the office near to router(under your tv ones) leaving just the battery powered gizmo in meter cupboard to communicate wirelessly. As for Virgin router probs - will have to see as I have a virgin superhub but in cable modem mode only (so can only use one port which runs to my "proper" router and also have two 8 port switches running off it. (lot of kit, lol!). Thanks for the info.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Managed to get the OWL software up and running. I’ve been keenly watching it as interested how much it is making on a cloudy day. However there is a quirk with the monitoring. Below is a screen capture from the OWL software. The cooker was on, hence the 3.74kW usage. Notice how much the solar panels are generating, 4.01kW, it is dark outside. I can only assume the current monitoring probes have been installed incorrectly.

I have a photo of the install under the stairs.

As it’s a bit hard to trace the wires I whipped up a sketch

Hopefully this will show what may be wrong.

The unit is a CMR180i in the instructions are these two layout scenarios.

and

When the installation guy got the monitoring going he mentioned he wasn't using a Henley block, so it would be the other one. However the other one requires 3 current probes, but only two are fitted.

Had one one else had experience in this? I have sent emails but no one replied yet, so thought I'd try here too.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
You need the y splitter cable for that setup, it needs 2 clamps on the live conductor to the solar pv. As its missing the second clamp it will give incorrect readings like you have.
It needs the splitter and 3rd CT clamp to work correctly.
Also the 2 existing clamps are installed wrong, it seems one is on the main tail post meter and the other is in essence on the same tail but post voltage optimiser.
The one at the meter should stay in place and then 2 clamps should go into the optimiser and clamp around the phase leaving to the PV unit.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Thanks for the info, that confirms my suspicions. I will get this sorted today. Many thanks for the reply.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:58:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi all, I have had the OWL installed for about 1 year now. I have the CH   HW   Solar   Electric. I was initially pleased with the system. The bit that is missing is the reporting. There are different approaches to systems. There is the push and the pull. Owl is a pull system. This means that I have to enter the system to find out what is happening. The novelty quickly wears off of logging in to the system to see what is happening. I could have done this with a manual control system and then settled down to an average.

If you have not bought the system yet: I would wait till features like this are built in!
1) Simple reporting - so much used/Generated
2) Warning reports - House temperature going down
2) Exception reporting - Changing in consumption pattern

These should be provided by text or email.

If you leave your house for a week/month it does not help to have a message waiting for you to log in to the system which says that the boiler thermostat is not working. The room temperature is minus 22.

Kind regards,

Use magic Report

Anyone else having problems logging in? Just getting the bar and logging in message for days now.

Use magic Report

Just tried and seems ok for me

Use magic Report

1234Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部