Author: vince31

Owl Intuition PV

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:58:52 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi can someone please help me ive had this now a week and i cant get this to work  ive been told by supplier i needed type 2  3 sensors type ive tried everything  but wont all work as it should ive contacted supplier again shown pictures who says i need to get electrian to split the grey electric wire the one that has two clips  cant be that hard to do but ive given up  

Am i correct wanting type 2 with 3 clips or should it be type 1 with 2 clips

Any advise help solutions be great
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Hi, we had similar troubles and I think I would agree with what they are telling you to split the grey cable.

You could open consumer unit where it would probably be split already and temporarily clap onto the Brown cable to prove it then works

Good luck, Tony

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I had the same trouble with my installation, I had the OWL PV and had only two sensors. I was getting wacky readings its just wasn't working.
As part of the install they put in a voltage optimiser.

They wired it up as my image attached (Solar_Query_Block_Diagram)

When they came out they put Current Clamp 1 inside the power optimiser, where there was single wires coming from the solar panel inverter.

Really you need to put the clamp around a single core of the inverter cable if you can get to it. Splitting out out of the 3 cores, personally its not something I would want to play with.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 03:58:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi thanks for your replies i was told by suppler i needed 3 sensors i can only just get clips on solar one which as picture im putting two sensors on this which i now think is the problem

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 03:58:53 Mobile | Show all posts
I am having serious problems with my owl intuition pv.

I have set all my electric/solar tariff correctly and my mains is 240V

I am finding that if I set my power factor in the voltage settings to 1 I get a very accurate daily read on my owl for my solar read( virtually the same as the read on generation meter) but my electric consumption is giving a reading double the kws it shows on my electric meter !  If I reduce the power factor to 0.5 I get a perfect read on my owl for electric consumption but then my solar read is half the kws it should be compared to the generation meter !

The only option I can possibly see is to put 0.75 on my power factor (between 0.5 and 1) but then my solar and consumption reads will both be inaccurate !

Can anyone at all help because I am really puzzled on this and have wired both clamps up properly ???

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部