View: 2636|Reply: 179

Global warming

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 04:21:59 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
(MOD EDIT:I've moved some off topic posts out of the adverse weather thread to here.)

Why in the world are we treating ANY weather conditions that occur on a self regulating planet as Extremes? We only quote from one semi professional source and regurgitate the same old rubbish and claim its FACT. If it were a FACT then there would be no bickering or arguement on the subject. It would be FACT. As far as my own opinion on the "extremes" of weather is concerned then I simply believe that there are no "extremes" and that it is ANOTHER way for the nutters who run the worlds government to try and backup their claims of "global warming" in order to keep to their agenda of taxing the arse out of us in yet another concocted, bullcrap scheme.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 04:22:00 Mobile | Show all posts
So what you are saying is that the science is a load of old tosh?  Well, as I keep telling people who post that line, put up or shut up.  If you can show in any way at all that the science behind Global Warming is wrong, then I personally will guarantee that you will win the Nobel Prize, probably several times over.  Chemistry Physics and certainly Economics prizes will all be yours.  And as the only person to ever win so many prizes in different fields, you will be rich and globally famous and go down in history as one of mankind's greatest ever thinkers.

All you have to do is tell us what you know and why Global Warming is a con.

I can't believe all these people who know 'the secret' are staying quiet and not going for glory.  Not one of them.  Amazing really. Untold wealth, fame, women, (men if you prefer),Time person of the Year, all up for grabs by any one of many AVF members and none of them want it.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 04:22:01 Mobile | Show all posts
And the same goes exactly back to you as well. It is quite obvious that this arguement will never been resolved so I aint going to give your the satisfaction of constantly "correcting " everyone to your way of thinking. All I would like to say however is, that if you can quote: "personally guarantee" that anyone you nominate can win the Nobel Prize, then your are the most powerful man on this planet and as such I must revere your wise musings and bow down before you oh great one.
Oh please.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:22:02 Mobile | Show all posts
To John the Expat,

How about if you can show in any way at all that the science behind Global Warming is correct then I personally will guarantee that you will win the Nobel Prize, probably several times over.  Chemistry Physics and certainly Economics prizes will all be yours.  And as the only person to ever win so many prizes in different fields, you will be rich and globally famous and go down in history as one of mankind's greatest ever thinkers.

All you have to do is tell us provide the evidence that man-made climate change is true.

Sidicks

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 04:22:03 Mobile | Show all posts
From my position here in France I would find it very difficult to persuade you that anything is true if you don't want to believe it.

The science is there for everyone to review.  I haven't, but I do trust the scientific process that has, over the last few decades of peer reviewed progress, shown that there might be a problem brewing.

On the other hand, Jeremy Clarkson once pooh-poohed it, so it must be wrong.

Fight fire with fire.  The theory is there in the public domain so if you think its wrong, tell us all why.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:22:04 Mobile | Show all posts
The science has been shown to be incorrect in a number of areas and experience differs significantly from projections.

The 'scientific' process has been shown to be anything but scientific:
- assume that climate change is man made then find evidence to prove it
- ignore all other possible causes of climate change
- ensure that evidence against climate change is hidden as a far as possible
- permit funding for anything that might demonstrate climate change is linked to man and refuse to fund anything that might show the opposite
- etc
- etc

Recently the climate has stopped getting warmer yet the theory dictates that it should be getting much hotter as CO2 continue to rise.

According to the IPCC the theory also dictates that we should be getting less extreme cold weather.......hmmmmmm

The recent temperature history ties up very close with delayed sun spot activity and not at all with CO2 emissions (i.e. CO2 levels are led by temperature not the other way around).

That's enough for starters.  Where is the evidence for???

Sidicks

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 04:22:05 Mobile | Show all posts
Well, here's a good place to start:

The Physical Science behind Climate Change

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:22:05 Mobile | Show all posts
Well:

1) Global temperature data says there has been no discerable global warming over the past decade. If aything temperatures have slightly reduced.

2) Models used to predict climate change have proved hugely inaccurate and have been produced to be biased toward warming i.e. including various positive feedback loops and ignoring all feedback loops that might reduce or mitigate the effect of increased CO2 (re water vapour / clouds etc)  - garbage in = garbage out...

3) Thirdly, the science suggests that the 'greenhouse effect' of increasing CO2 reduces as more is added, so a runaway global warming scenario is unrealistic and simply scaremongering

4) Looking at C02 concentration compared to temperature shows that increased temperature has historically led to increased atmospheric CO2 not the other round

5) Even if there was correlation (which there isn't) then there is no causation i.e. no human element

That will do for starters.....

I'm interested to hear your comments on the comments I made, rather than just link me to a biased article (did you read many of the comments?!!)

Sidicks

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 04:22:06 Mobile | Show all posts
CBA to be honest.  But if you think Scientific American is biased then you and I will disagree about everything.
I trust the processes that are in place to ensure good science rules the roost. Mistakes are made, but normally they are corrected very quickly which is the strength of the system.

In 30  years of research in CC and GW, no-one has undermined the basic science.  Thats pretty conclusive evidence that the scientists are on the right track.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 04:22:07 Mobile | Show all posts
I definitely do not believe in Global Warming.  What a lot of tosh.  For millions of years the earth has had climate cycles - there is no difference now.  Even the hole in the ozone layer has repaired itself, yes itself.  Nothing we do or not do will change these weather/climate cycles that occur.

Accept it, the governments of the world are all cashing in.  What an absolute money spinner it has been for thousands and yet people keep on falling for it.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部