123456789Next
Back New
Author: Trollslayer

Beefburgers WITHOUT black pepper

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 05:03:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Ok humble pie for me tonight....Those 'thin' burgers look absolutely awesome...I was very wrong...

We should be able to add double love 'likes' to a post...Good job well done...
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:04:00 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah I'll be more than happy with that

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 05:04:01 Mobile | Show all posts
@lowmans100 - do you deliver?

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:04:02 Mobile | Show all posts
Burger press ordered on those pics!!! Nom nom, on a similiar topic how would you cook them? In a griddle pan or frying pan? If so what oil would you use, I'm just thinking as 5 guys use peanut oil I beleive and their patties are good

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:04:03 Mobile | Show all posts
You don't need a press, before I got that I just used the base of a pan. I got the flat press for smash burgers on the bbq flat griddle plate.

To cook them I use a large flat base non stick frying pan in the house (I don't have one of those flat griddles for my cooker unfortunately), I use very little oil just enough to wet the bottom of the pan. I use veg/sunflower oil on the cooker. On the BBQ I should use a ground nut oil as it is supposed to not burn with the higher heat, but I use what I have.

> So sprinkle salt and pepper on the patty and get the frying pan really hot,
>add a little oil (just to lightly coat the bottom of the pan) and slap the patty in the pan (salt & pepper side down). If you keep the greaseproof paper on the bottom of the burger it's easier to slap into the pan.
> lightly press the patty down with a spatula so you get a nice char on the burger.
> prep the bun with whatever you like. you can toast the bun so the sauce doesn't soak in the bun so much
> sprinkle a little more salt and pepper on the burger, (I add american mustard on top as well)
> flip the burger and top with cheese (the mustard makes a mess in the pan so you have to clean the pan after each patty so you may want to skip that)
> cover with a dome or pan lid until cheese is melted.
> then put on prepared bun.

add whatever you like on a burger

use whatever cheese you like, I use what we have in so it could be grated cheddar, mozzarella if we have any left from making pizza, american cheese if I've been to cash & carry, blue cheese, brie whatever you like.
I make a burger sauce with 3½ parts mayo, 1 part ketchup, 1 part american mustard, splash worchester sauce and optional 1 part fine chopped pickles.

There are lots of videos of smash burgers online, some good some not so good.

edit: if you make the burger sauce don't be precious about getting the ratios spot on!!!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:04:04 Mobile | Show all posts
Pretty much what I do, except I use no oil and use a burger press/mold.  

Heinz Burger Sauce is amazing too and saves having to mix it up.

I like thick burgers but you can't beat doubling up on these nice thin patties too.  I whack some grated cheese on them after flipping them, quick dash of water and quickly put a lid over the pan to help the cheese melt.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:04:05 Mobile | Show all posts
I only use a small amount of oil for the first burger, don't use any for the rest.

If I am using grated cheese then I'll use water with the dome, but cheese slices really don't need it. If I want to be really posh, I'll put the top of the bun cut side down under the dome with a dash of water so the top gets a shiny glaze on it.

The downside of making good burgers at home is I feel cheated buying second rate gourmet burgers for £15. Although, I can nail a MEATliquor Dead Hippie burger at any time. My burgers are based on the Dead Hippie.

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 05:04:06 Mobile | Show all posts
*Looks up 'cannibal'*

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:04:07 Mobile | Show all posts
Made my own burgers for years and there is no recipe to speak of, it’s whatever you fancy at that moment. Not too fatty mince, up make for that, in chopped streaky bacon fat from my very accommodating local butcher and adds that extra flavour. Sometimes add  some caramelised onion chutney to my mix. Always used to do thick burgers but ever since a visit to five guys, I always do thin ones now(stacked)1 or 2 for the wife and daughter and 3 for me. Cooked quickly on a screaming hot Bbq for the Char flavour. Now I hungry, damn. And I can’t have a decent burger for 2 weeks, as on hols.

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 05:04:08 Mobile | Show all posts
Withdrawal symptoms?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部