Cake Recipes Leaving Out Most Important Detail

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:13:28 Mobile | Show all posts
I think this is it.

SR flour and baking powder is for a quick rise. 4 eggs will set it quite quickly. Perfectly for a thin slab cake.

As a loaf it will over rise and then not be strong enough it hold itself up and therefore collapse.

For a loaf I’d be looking at using SR flour only or plain flour along with a teaspoon of baking powder and 1/2 of bicarbonate of soda...
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 05:13:29 Mobile | Show all posts
I was going to give him this recipe, show him this youtube video first.

Luscious Lemon Drizzle Cake
Author: David Hood
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: Canadain
Prep time:  20 mins
Cook time:  30 mins
Total time:  50 mins
Serves: 6

Ingredients
For the Cake1¾ cups of flour1 tsp of baking powder½ cup (1 stick) of softened butter1 cup of granulated sugar1 tsp of vanilla extractzest from 1 lemon4 eggsFor the Drizzle130 grams (1 cup) of Confectioner's sugarjuice from 1½ lemonsInstructions
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F or 177 C.Add the flour and baking powder to a mixing bowl. Using a whisk, mix until they are well combined.In a separate bowl, add the butter and sugar together and mix until they're well combined.Add in the eggs and vanilla extract in and beat until a smooth, creamy mixture forms.Sift in the dry ingredients, half at a time, and beat until well incorporated.Spray a 9 by 9 baking pan with some baking spray or grease with some butter. Line the bottom with some parchment paper.Pour the mixture in and smooth out the top.Place it in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.While the cake is baking, combine the sugar and lemon juice in a bowl and mix until they are well incorporated.Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool.Once the cake is cooled, poke several holes in it with a fork.Pour the lemon drizzle over the top and allow it to soak in.Slice, serve, and enjoy your lemon drizzle cake.

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 05:13:30 Mobile | Show all posts
This is what he was putting them in.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:13:31 Mobile | Show all posts
Is your oven actually getting up to temperature?

And staying at a stable temperature?

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 05:13:32 Mobile | Show all posts
Yep, even got a torch to shine through the door to peek inside so we don't have to open door.

Everything else cooks fine and the old recipe he had but was lost was fine.

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 05:13:33 Mobile | Show all posts
@busterbenny2001

Thread was moved to RIP but if I could borrow a bit of your time, I was looking over the above recipe.

Ingredients
For the Cake1¾ cups of flour1 tsp of baking powder½ cup (1 stick) of softened butter1 cup of granulated sugar1 tsp of vanilla extractzest from 1 lemon4 eggsFor the Drizzle130 grams (1 cup) of Confectioner's sugarjuice from 1½ lemons
I can't seem to find Confectioners Sugar anywhere and the Flour it doesn't state if its standard or SR I am assuming because of the region barrier.

Got any advice on what Confectioners Sugar is over here in UK and if they are referring to standard flour or SR.

I was wanting to have a punt at this myself and the last time I done any cooking was ~20 years ago, loved to do it when I was young but got depressing when I was older just doing it for myself.

Whilst I was still in school I was making bread, cakes, apple crumbles, anything and everything but just became a waste and too depressing when I got older.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:13:34 Mobile | Show all posts
Confectioner's sugar in the US = Icing Sugar in the UK
Flour in the US, I would take to be their all-purpose flour = Plain Flour in the UK, particularly as the recipe calls for baking powder.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:13:35 Mobile | Show all posts
Use this mate

The Londoner » Lemon Drizzle Cake (Sorry Starbucks)

UK recipie that works a treat ,dead easy I hate American recipies just add UK on when searching, bbc food usually a good starting point but any questions fire away I’m mad on food me

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:13:36 Mobile | Show all posts
For your I’m I mean my benefit I got my eldest foster lad to test the above recipie
Didn’t have a loaf tin as all down my shop but just baked it in a square dish

Results have been eaten !!

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 05:13:37 Mobile | Show all posts
lol, thanks BB

Use magic Report

1234Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules