View: 752|Reply: 20

Diary - My Weight Loss

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:19:30 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Thought I’d start a weight loss diary on here, encourage me somewhat to keep to it with a report each week.

Background:

I’m 31 years old, 6ft3 and as of 01/07/2015 I weighed 21st 1lb.

I was always big when I was in my teens, lost a considerable amount of weight when I went to University and became a healthy size. After meeting my wife / having a son I slowly put weight back on but eventually tackled it with the gym 3-4 days a week.

Around 2-3 years ago I found out I had Thyroid cancer, after a couple of surgeries and clean bill of health from a combination of the medication messing with my metabolism as they adjusted it over 1-2 years and frankly not having the energy to maintain a healthy lifestyle I ballooned in size. I’ve tried going back to the gym but as I’m the biggest I’ve ever been, it didn’t feel comfortable at all.

So during a visit to my Doctor he mentioned Lipotrim, which is essentially a liquid replacement diet, giving you 500 or so kcals a day and forcing you into Ketosis. No solid food, 2x shakes a day and only allowed to consume water. It seems like a good solution for me, lose allot of weight quickly so I feel I can tackle the gym again and maintain off once I reached my goal. Normally I wouldn’t go near these things (Dont want to debate them here either) – but since I have previously maintained regular exercise and healthy food I feel I can maintain off it. I’ll try and update this once a week or so, I’m currently in day 5.

Weight Loss Diary:

Week 1:

The first few days were difficult – particularly watching my 6 year old eat. I don’t think beans on toast have ever looked so appetising in my life.

By day 3 I had lost any sensation of hunger due to the Ketosis (Got some ketostix to confirm), the shakes aren’t to bad either and prefer the Chocolate and Vanilla.

I weight myself the end of day 4, so far I’ve lost 10lb. Typically you can expect to lose from 10lb-15lb in the first week, then 5lb to 9lb each week after. My first weigh in at the Pharmacy will be 10/07, then it’ll be done weekly. By week 4 i hope to introduce some light activity on our cross trainer.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:19:31 Mobile | Show all posts
Good luck mate, hope it all works out for you
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:19:32 Mobile | Show all posts
Good luck with dude, hope this helps you. If you're near to Leicester you're welcome to join us training.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:19:33 Mobile | Show all posts
Good luck, I went on my own extreme diet a couple of years ago and it changed my life, from heaviest to lightest I lost about 6 stone. Although I put just under a stone back on and settled at that as a healthy weight for me. I put some over the last year but am right back on it now, watching everything I eat and drink and and getting back to my target weight.

You've just got to be so self disciplined and every time you take a seductive look at a biscuit just remind yourself why you're doing what you are and what you want more? To be healthy, look good and feel good while setting a good example to your your lad or feeding your addiction.

Once you've broken it and you start to see fast results (which is why I am a fan of going against the slow healthier diet in some cases, for physiological reasons) weight loss can become quite addictive. Logging it on here is a great way to motivate yourself, the same principle as joining weight loss clubs really, you're committing in public so you don't want to let us down now!

Remember, you're doing a life changing and really positive thing here, taking control of your life and getting healthy. Good luck!

It was so great when I started noticing I was physically feeling better and quite nice when I noticed woman eyeing me up again.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:19:34 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks All!

I would agree yeah. I’ve lost weight through healthy eating / exercise before – I think the main barrier I have is my current size and feeling uncomfortable in the gym. While i can’t say I think the likes of Lipotrim or Cambridge diet are particularly good for you (due to how extreme they are) I think for my purposes at the moment they solve a problem.

To be honest I happened along it, I knew I wanted to lose weight and had begun making lifestyle changes in preparation for it… For the last 2 months or so... Completely cut out sugary drinks, all I was drinking was water and the odd cup of coffee.. Cut out chocolate / sweets from my diet, not something I miss much anyway and also reduced / removed stuff like cheese with meals etc. So if i had a ham sandwich, i wouldn't put mayonnaise or grated cheese on it.

By the time I started Lipotrim I was well prepared for craving – at the moment I just miss solid food. I can sit happily in work all day, see people eat and it doesn’t bother me.. When I get home and my son is sat in front of me eating beans on toast, I really crave. I now have my Lipotrim shake in the evening at the time in which my sons dinner is served, has helped massively.

Weigh in tomorrow!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:19:35 Mobile | Show all posts
Weigh in done .

20st 1lb

I've lost 1 stone in a week. Although pharmacist thinks it may be more, as initial weigh in is higher than I remember.

Still feeling fine, don't ever feel hungry as in ketosis but have odd cravings.

Weight loss will likely slow now to 5-7lb a week.. Goal is to be around 14st as have a broad frame, 14 more weeks.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:19:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Well done on the weight loss, good stuff. Good luck with the goal weight, I don't think I'll ever see 14st again.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:19:37 Mobile | Show all posts
Pharmacist has told me to stop doing the diet

Unfortunately i had forgotten to tell him about my calcium deficiency, I take 4x 500mg 3 times a day. This is due to my surgery when having my thyroid removed when I had cancer.

Today my calcium level dropped like a stone, pins and needles in face etc. Family trip turned into redirecting to a hospital.

Pharmacist says the lipotrim is causing an electrolyte imbalance and also the volume of water im drinking also means I'm flushing out my meds on top of that... To risky for me to continue, can lead to cardiac arrest if calcium drops to low.

So.... That brings an end to my rapid weight loss, gutted as I had gotten over the hard bit and I'm used to it.

Still determined, moving to a low carb diet instead... weight loss is obviously not going to be as significant. Although one thing I do know now, I can completely cut out bad food and not miss it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:19:37 Mobile | Show all posts
Why go low carb straight away? That's a trump card to play when things slow, sort your nutrition out and once it's organised it'll be easier to keep at your goal weight.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 05:19:38 Mobile | Show all posts
I still have weight i want to lose bud and since I've eaten no carbs for almost 2 weeks due to lipotrim (and not missed them), seems silly to let myself drop out of ketosis.

Staying below 20g of carbs per day (as per Atkins, using their app to monitor what I'm consuming). Least with low carb I shouldn't  have an electrolyte issue.

Use magic Report

123Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部