Author: alchemystical

Does anyone NOT like bacon?

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 05:20:32 Mobile | Show all posts
Bacon is fantastic, favourites are:-

Hot bacon in large buttered white Scotch roll with brown sauce or

Cold in large Scotch roll with tomatoes and mayonaise

Both fantastic although would prefer the hot with brown every time.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 05:20:33 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you for stepping up and sharing your reasons for selecting no as I believe hitting and running on a poll reeks of cowardice and is a sure sign of bacon deficiency if ever I saw one.

I do agree with you about the finer points of cooking it though, too many people literally make a pigs ear out of it and I personally find their offerings sacrilegious to the delicious swine based treats one who actually knows how cook properly can whip up.

Here's a tip for y'all:

Perfect no clean up bacon

Take your slices of pig and place then on an oven dish
Insert into cold oven (gasp!)
Turn heat to 200
Set time to 20 minutes
Prepare a cuppa in the interim and get yourself ready for some excellence

You may have to fiddle with the settings for a bit till you find the sweet spot of heat/time on your oven but this produces wonderfully crisp yet not brittle or charred bacon which is really easy to clean up after too. Serve in a toasted brown bun with crisp sliced lettuce and thinly sliced tomatoes along with jalapenos and you're good to go.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:20:34 Mobile | Show all posts
I had bacon and eggs from the BBQ this morning Nice lovely trimmed bacon. I can’t stand the rubbery fat though, so if it is like that it has to be well done. Also don’t like streaky bacon that is over cooked, not too hard and not too soft.

Bacon is lovely. Especially on brown toasted granary bread, with real butter and the hot bacon melting it. Then on the other side some guacamole’s and a little dap of salsa......

Failing that, a fresh warm baguette with streaky bacon and curried ketchup.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:20:35 Mobile | Show all posts
Even pigs like it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:20:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Can't beat bacon, had a lovely toasted egg and bacon sandwich today, also had a sausage and bacon roll from greggs as well today. Not to fussy about the quality either, bacon is bacon to me. Lean, stringy, fatty it dont matter to me. Annoyed me a while back when in a overpriced cafe in the city, the cook cut of the fat, that's the best part of it.

Pork chops, sausages, love all parts of the swine except the trotter. Can't beat a nice Gannon steak either,pork belly nice and fatty. Had some pig tail with rice and peas the other week and went down a treat.

Hate people who go on about how bad it is for you ,while they are puffing on a fag and have a special brew in the other.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I love my bacon sarnies, 2 rounds of toast with melted butter, brown sauce spread over one slice, chunky coleslaw on the other with 2 slices of thick cut unsmoked bacon in the middle.........think I might have one for supper now

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
One (or two) Bacon, Egg and Cheese Toasted Panini is a regular treat. Gammon Steak and cheese in a Ciabatta is also a bit tasty.

Use magic Report

No they've not

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 05:20:37 Mobile | Show all posts
So was that you that voted no then?

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:20:37 Mobile | Show all posts
Yep, I was the first. I've never tried bacon in my life is the reason so don't know what I'm missing out on

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部