123456Next
Back New
Author: Ayub

Help me please. I'm overweight and need some pointers.

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 05:30:48 Mobile | Show all posts
Watch the PBS documentary by the journalist.. I forget his name. He went through a lot of past & present information.. all the fads of low fat, low card, low sugar, low protein.. yada yada

In summary:
If it's "man made" in a "factory plant" dont eat it.
If it's made from the produce/ product of a live plant eat it.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:30:48 Mobile | Show all posts
Breakfast, lunch and dinner only... Smaller portions.

I have 2 slices of toast for breakfast.  2 slices (1 sandwich) for lunch with a few slices of ham or whatever on it. Normal evening meal but not colossal portions.

Walk a bit each day and build on that as and wen u can.
Push urself a little more until ur comfortable and then push a bit more.
Rinse and repeat.

2 yrs ago I was 21st 8 1/2lb.
Now I am 12st 6.
It can be done but not by crazy diets. It has to be a lifestyle change. As above. Eat less, exercise more.
Discipline and consistency.

Good luck

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:30:49 Mobile | Show all posts
↑↑ very impressive at almost half!!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I've recently come to realise that I don't like the way I am. It's mainly because I'm a bit of a slob and enjoy junk food and fast food far too much. I'd easily have a KFC once a week, a subway once a week and a McDonald's once a week. At the very least.

I weighed myself and was 19st9 (about 126kg) which is the heaviest I've ever been and I'm just not happy with how I feel or look. My partner and I are getting married next April and she wants to try and trim down (she barely eats any of the crap I do) for it so I'm taking it as an opportunity to try. That combined with being told by my GP to lose for the benefit of my heart (cardiac problems run in the family) are fairly good motivators.

I've been using myfitnesspal (admittedly only since Monday) but it's making a huge difference to what I eat and drink. I've pretty much cut out soft drinks entirely and replaced them with water (although I treated myself to a bottle of peach ice tea yesterday) and I've been trying to eat far better.

Using the app I've set a target weight of 16st (the last time I was comfortable in my body) at a rate of 1.5 pounds a week. The app reckons that's a calorie intake of about 2000 a day and I've come in under that everyday. I've also weighed myself every morning and there has been a 2 pound drop each day up to now.

As I understand it, a quick drop initially is to be expected when you're as overweight as I am and it will eventually slow right down. It's tough but rather than trying to do everything at once, in starting with what I eat and I'm taking it one day at a time. If I try and plan a long-term goal, it'll take me far too long to reach it and I'll feel deflated so I go one day at a time and I feel like I've achieved something when I've passed on the mars bar or whatever.

I do really need to find an alternative to tea though... I don't drink it without sugar and I can't stand honey... Any suggestions?

Equally, any pointers to help?

I know exercise is important too, that's in the works, I'm just trying to get to grips with food first rather than throwing everything together and it backfiring.

Use magic Report

with regards to sugar - just do without and your tastebuds will adjust within a week... I used to have 2 in a cuppa - and now have none, and in fact it's rare that I eat choc etc and when I do I find them too sweet...

good luck

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
For the weight drop, I think you will still notice it for a while. I hover around 80kg and when I'm on track, I still notice decent drops in weight. Not quite 2lb a week but it does happen.

Personally, I still have sugar in my tea/coffee but it's rare that I have more than 1 cup a day.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Thanks. Think I may just try and go without, see how I get on [emoji106]

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:30:50 Mobile | Show all posts
It is surprising how you can get used to water. Sometimes just the action of drinking is enough.

Use magic Report

So when you say ham salad you obviously don't mean a sandwich? I can cut out having baguettes for dinner/lunch and have a pasta salad box with turkey instead. My prob is I snack during the day.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
This above here is in my opinion totally crazy. What you describe here is basically anorexia, not sensible "weight" loss

Use magic Report

123456Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部