123456Next
Back New
Author: Ayub

Help me please. I'm overweight and need some pointers.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:30:53 Mobile | Show all posts
There is no "natural weight".  What's your fat percentage? Becuase if you are over 4% fat then there's no harm in losing more.

I guarantee you, that if you take your morning weight, in pounds, without eating and multiply it by 21, then eat that amount of calories every Saturday and Wednesday, then multiply your morning weight by 13 and eat that the other days, plus burn 750-1000 cals through exercise on the low calorie days then the weight loss will start again.

Just make sure you eat lots of complex carbs, lots of protein and veg too. Don't  be tempted to exercise on the high calorie day and if on your high calorie day you're eating your last meal you've met your target calories but there's still 200 cals left on the plate then eat them. Your target cals on your high day are a minimum u should eat, not a maximum. Going over by a couple of hundred cals two days a week won't affect much.

Anyone who tries this way will notice weight gain in their first week. Don't panic and knee jerk react, it's just your body restoring carbs and water. After the first week the fat pounds will start to fall. Every ten pounds or so lost will require you to recalculate your calorie intake.

For anyone who weighs over 300 pounds, then you probably won't have to exercise at all. Eating 6500 cals twice per week, with 2500-3000 low days will see the fat fall off no problem.

It's important to weigh yourself consistently with the same amount of food and water weight, so I'd recomend either weighing yourself once a week and on a high calorie day, either morning (after the toilet but before eating) or after you've eaten all your food for that day.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
3700 2300 are the numbers. Hmmm. I tend to stay within the lower number and usually under.

4% body fat - you sure!? I have around 25%.

Seems counter-intuitive to have those feast days, but I can get why that might work. Not sure I'm brave enough to try it though

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Look trust me. Yes it's counter intuitive! constantly eating less calories than you burn slows down your metabolism more than the normal reduction in weight loss slows down your metabolism.

Think of it like a bear, across it's life it hibernates for six month per year. During that hibernating process it spends every day in caloric defecit, so you'd never expect a bear to gain weight, but it does. That's because spending all that time in deficit slows it's metabolism down to prevent fat loss and that results in a rebound weight gain.

That's the same as happening with you, your body is constantly thinking it's not getting enough food, so it slows downs the metabolism to hold onto its fat, as the body needs fat to survive, so it's a built in, evolutionary survival thing. Keep eating feast days tricks your body in thinking wow, there's tons of food coming in, so it keeps your metabolism high.

And yes 4%, no man should ever go below 4% fat, maybe for a couple of days if you're a competing body builder etc, but not for any prolonged length of time. Women shouldn't really go below about 9%. Most men are delighted with a body that's about 10% fat though, you maybe one of them, if you are, try the method I've given you and you'll get there

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Oh and like I said, in your first week you will gain weight, maybe as much as 16 pound. Like I said though don't panic, it isn't fat. Not all weight gain is bad and not all weight loss is good. The weight you gain in the first week is nothing more than water and stored carbs. You'll start to notice fat loss after two weeks

Water and carbs are the first thing you lose in weight loss and your muscles are made up basically of water and stored carbs, so Constant depleting of water and carb stores will overtime shrink muscle mass. This periodic feasting replenishes both water and carbs stores, so not only does it keep your metabolism high, it stops your muscles shrinking too.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:30:54 Mobile | Show all posts
Ah, and don't forget, on your low calorie days you still need to burn 750-1000 cals through exercise too. If you want to try doing it without exercise (difficult at your weight) then knock 850 cals  off 2300 low calorie day then don't exercise. Don't lower your high calorie number though, it's important you keep that where it is, until u lose weight.

I would recomend doing it the exercise way though, as exercise is great for you both physically and mentally, so why not?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I do like exercise and do two cardio classes a week (was three but they dropped one). Plus pilates and occasionally run. A thousand is not insignificant and I have no way of counting. What do you reckon?

I may try it and must say, I'm already stressing it : )  Will probably do Saturday and Wednesday, so that gives me a couple of days to chicken out

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Do you have access to a swimming pool? I'd recomend swimming for everyone. Here's some reason why.

1)it's low impact. I could get in the pool and swim five miles, then get out and rest for 15 mins and feel like I've done nothing. Try running five miles if you're not already a very good runner, when you wake up the next morning, you'll feel like someone droped a bowling ball on your foot and sledge hammered your knee. The more you weigh, the worse it is.

2)body weight is irrelevant. No matter how much you weigh or how unfit you, anyone can do it.

3)you will I prove fast if you swim at least four days a week for at least 30 mins. No matter how unfit you are, don't be surprised if with 8 weeks swimming five times a week, that you go from onky doing half a mile at most breaststroke in one hour, to being able to do one mile is 30-25 mins. This assuming you don't smoke and you constantly push yourself to go harder/faster.

4)it's a full body muscular work. You will use muscles you didn't know existed.

5)it's good for joint mobility

6) it lowers your stress levels and makes you feel great.The harder you swim, the more effect you get.

I could go on but I wont. The main benefit is the quick improvement and easy recovery. Take running, if you're totally unit an can only cover a mile in say 30 mins, at your weight you probably only burn 100 cals doing so. It'd probabky take you from that point about 5 years of running to get to a point where you could burn 1000 cals through running.

With swimming in your first session you might make half a mile in 30 mins and that'd only burn 250 cals, but in three months you'd probably be able to get in the pool and swim two miles non stop in under an hour burning 1000 cals np. So if you have access to a pool, go swimming all five of you low cals days.

To get a rough idea of how many cals you burn swimming multiply your body weight In pounds by 2.7. That'll will tell you how many calories you burn per mile approximately. So if you swim half a mile it's 2.7 x body weight / 2. Etc those figures are roughly for breatstroke and front crawl. Swim a mile in 20 mins or 1 hour, it doesn't matter, you'll burn the same cals roughly. At higher intensities you burn slightly more due to increased after burn and raised body temps, but it's negligible.

If 1000 is too much to burn, knock off another 500 from food on low days, then only burn 400 cals etc. In terms of doing cardio specifically for fat loss, all the cardio is doing doing is burning cals, well eating less will have the same results, you just won't get the other benefits etc. So you can really tailor it your needs/activity levels. So you can start eating less and doing less, but as you improve and you will fast, just start doing more and eating more

Don't worry about target heartRate either. There's a myth that high intensity cardio burns muscle. It doesn't. Bad diet burns muscle. Remember up there I told muscles are made up of mainly stored carbs and water? Well high intensity cardio burns carbs, so if you don't constantly replace those carbs you burn your muscles will shrink.

Just make sure you eat 200 grams of complex carbs everyday and 300 grams on high cal day and this won't happen. Eat lots of things like rice, pastas, jacket potatoes, beans and oats etc. Oats are the best, mix 4scoops of oats, with milk, a scoop of chocolate protein powder and a bit of orange essence stuff. Chocolate orange flavoured oats, who says healthy eating has to taste crap?

If you want help with your diet pm me, I'll do a whole diet plan for you in which you can eat your fave take aways twice a week. if you don't mind cooking I'll supply all the recipes to make stuff from scratch yourself

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Blimey mate, that's a lot to think about already. Thanks for the comprehensive info. Let me digest it [emoji106]

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 05:30:55 Mobile | Show all posts
FOR A LITTLE IDEA OF ALL THE INFO ON HERE ---HAVE A LOOK --https://www.thebodycoach.co.uk/

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 05:30:55 Mobile | Show all posts
OK, had a blowout yesterday. Roast lamb dinner, bowl of home made chilli and rice, eggs on toast for breakfast. Stuffed to the gills Oh and had a fair bit to drink too

Today three weetabix. Weight has gone up as expected.

Trying to do some exercise and eat leaner today. Really wondering what I'm doing, but going to stick with the programme

Use magic Report

123456Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部